3 weeks MWL plan

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

3 weeks MWL plan

Postby woods38 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:41 am

O.K. I've been doing a lot of reading and some experimenting. I did a one day mini Mary's and it went great!

I like eating this way so I decided to commit myself to 3 weeks on MWL. I like to have a definite time frame and see how it goes for me. Hopefully it will be the begining of a new lifestyle.

-woods
woods38

Postby kimba » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:42 pm

Hi,

Best wishes, and watch the melt down. You will be amazed.

kimba
kimba

Postby proverbs31woman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:50 pm

I wish you the best, woods38. I initially planned to stay on Mary's Mini for 10 days, but it's now been 20 days. Mary's Mini and the MWL are great ways to lose weight quickly and improve your health.

I hope you get great results. Keep us updated.
Last edited by proverbs31woman on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proverbs31woman

Postby wordweaver » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Keep us posted how you are doing. Enjoy :)
The difference between try and triumph is the UMPH.
wordweaver

Postby needlern32724 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi Woods,
On or about June 8th I started on the MWL. In my case it's not to just try it out. It is the final missing link for me in my quest to lower my cholesterol.

I had given up eating animal protein after Christmas day 07. My cholesterol actually got worse through last May 29 (lab work), as I had been enjoying all the wonderful plant fats and the "good" olive oils and peanuts, etc.

I'm really enjoying the MWL way of eating. My wife asks me "What flavor of beans we're having for dinner"? In the future, I'll add back an occasional plant fat, but for now no.

On my every other day walks (12 1/2 - 13 1/2 min miles, 2.6 miles total) I picture my MD chasing me with a statin pill in his out streached hand. If the MWL/exercise does not lower my cholesterol, then I will take a pill to help lower it. As it is right now the only pill I take is a daily multi-vitamin.

I've made an app't with my doctor for lab work on July 23rd. I'll post my results a day later on my original post about my increased cholesterol.

After 3 weeks, what would you return to Woods? Make this work for you! Don't go back to your old way of eating.

Bill
needlern32724

Bill

Postby Rita » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Did you get your lab work taken? Hope it went well.
Rita

Postby Lala » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:41 pm

Good luck!! Years ago when I had cholesterol at 199 and I switched to a VERY strict McDougall plan - I mean NOT A DROP OF OIL or nut or avocado and 2 months later I was at 141! I think the key was the strict adherence to the plan. I knew I had high cholesterol and I knew any bending on the diet would sabotage my chances. Happy to say my dh was at 205 and is now at 125! Totally through diet and exercise.

So you are WISE WISE to stick to this strictly and avoid plant fats. I too was a lover of peanut butter. :)

Please keep us posted!!
Lala

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program