mary's mini question

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

mary's mini question

Postby made in oregon » Tue May 27, 2008 1:34 pm

Good afternoon all. I thought I would take a moment and introduce myself. I have been a lurker for over a year and today i am starting the mary's mini side of the program. I am going to use the potato as my starch. I was impressed with the study and the fact that mary and john ate nothing but potatos and greens and were healthy and thinner in ten days. sounds like a simple solution.
I have 81 pounds to take off and would like to have as much as possible off by the new year so I can avoid another year of making a new years resolution.
My question is this: what percentage of my plate is to be filled with very low cal salad on the mary's mini? same principals apply as the MWL where the more green the faster the loss or do we just eat the main starch? I can't find anything that mentions the need for added veggies and was unsure if we are to add them.
thanks for your help
you can call me sheepdawg- as I am shedding like a sheepdawg in spring :D
made in oregon

Postby sigma957 » Tue May 27, 2008 6:52 pm

The most important thing is too not be hungry. I would say at least 1/2 the plate should be potatoes. If you go to http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/july/marys2.htm the pictures on the top of the page will give you an idea.

Barbara
sigma957

Postby xetaprime » Thu May 29, 2008 11:31 am

I love Mary's Mini! I can't say it enough! The simplicity of a three part Potato/veggie meal is a beautiful thing!
xetaprime

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program