October 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Welcome to the MWL Group!

Postby Mark Cooper » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:26 pm

A very warm welcome to new participants: Ziara, Rebecka22, Riley, kdjackieann, SueV, mamasam

salbers - Welcome back! This post from Jeff speaks to how one can assess and apply the MWL guidelines when we aren't seeing the progress we would like - Why We Hit Plateaus and What We Can Do About Them

DebbyDiver - Hi! Now seems like an excellent occasion to make some behavior changes, and overcome the "lockdown blahs." Be sure to thoroughly review the Orientation information.

Daniel35 - I remember you from April! It's wonderful to see you back! Adherence + Time = RESULTS!

dinamariea61 - It sounds like making the adjustments in behavior described in the MWL 10-Point Checklist may be the next appropriate step to achieve the results you are seeking. Be sure to review the Orientation information for the group; you may also want to have a look at Dr. McDougall's discussions of cholesterol and blood pressure.

Mark Cooper wrote:Any participants from September wanting to continue, you are automatically included in the October group; no need to take any further action.

For those who are just finding us - If you feel you can benefit from this group and would like to join, thoroughly review the orientation information, including the MWL Guidelines, MWL 10-Point Checklist, and Calorie Density: How To Eat More, Weigh Less and Live Longer. After completing your review of the orientation materials, please post in this thread, introducing yourself and stating that you have completed orientation and would like to be added to the group. After submitting that post, you will officially be a participant in the group and needn't wait for any further confirmation. Please remember, there is nothing magical that happens when you join this group and your name is added to the list. Jeff, wildgoose and I can offer accountability and support in terms of understanding and implementing the MWL guidelines, and your fellow participants provide a feeling of community; but, it is up to you to actually make these changes in your daily life. All the forum posts in the world won't have an effect on the outcomes we seek, without lasting changes in our daily pattern of behavior. Don't obsess over the minutiae; rather, direct your energy toward doing an excellent job at the fundamental principles. I can't promise that it will be easy, but I DO promise that it is worth it.

I'm turning in for the evening, but I'll check back tomorrow afternoon to welcome any new arrivals and respond to questions, should they arise. Take care!
Last edited by Mark Cooper on Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Cooper

Re: October 2020 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby LeslieGee » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:37 pm

Hello! I'm signed up and ready to join the October group! :D
LeslieGee

Postby chlawler » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:56 pm

How do I connect, track my start and progress? Is there a journal or anything else that I could use to encourage my journey?
chlawler

Postby kirstykay » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:02 pm

Really looking forward to a new month! I have my soups made and I'm ready to conquer the "start each meal with soup or salad." I've been letting this one slide and I'm ready to actually comply to it this month.
"Remember, It's the food." ~Dr. McDougall

kirstykay

Postby Gimmelean » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Looking forward to continuing to the last pound.
Started July 2020 with MWL Discussion Board support and accountability.
Mark, do you recommend continuing with MWL vs Starch Solution for maintenance?I’ve had such surprising success; losing the weight I couldn’t get off in three years in just three months. Thank you!
Gimmelean

Postby grammyjax » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Hi, I have gone over the orientation information and am ready to do this!
grammyjax

Postby Carola » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:31 pm

I have gone over the program and watched Jeff Novick's Calorie Density video. I am ready to begin and praying that I can do this and stick with it.
Carola

Postby JaBee » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:13 pm

After a 3 month absence, I’m back - wish to join the October group.
I really missed the accountability, encouragement, and feedback!
Mark, Goose and Jeff, thanks for all you do for this group.
JaBee

I'm a retread McDougller

Postby ML13 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:51 pm

Dear Friends,

I'm happy to get into the saddle again with eating for health with the support of this forum. :-D

I finally got a small Instant Pot and seven cup food processor. I also bought two sets of colorful food containers. I'm ready to roll.

Tonight I made beans and then rice. I put cooked frozen veggies and some soy sauce with this. I feel satisfied.

I made a date with three others for breakfast at my place this Saturday and it's not going to be vegan. But that will be my last hurrah with bad food. I'm officially starting Sunday with shopping, measurements. I weighed myself this weekend. Yikes!

I'm looking forward to sharing the path with you guys.

Thank you,

ML13
ML13

Postby earthmonkey » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:49 pm

I've read the orientation materials and would like to be included in this month's group. Thank you~

Tina

5'5" starting 207 Oct 27, 2020 :: Soft Goal 125
Looking for local encouragement buddies
earthmonkey

Postby tkdixon86 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 pm

Hi! I am brand new to WFPB, just started a few weeks ago. I am currently reading The Starch Solution. I have read the orientation material for this group, and would like to join. I have struggled with weight my whole life and have a lot to lose. I am very excited for accountability here, and the education for a healthy life that will also trickle to my husband and kids.
tkdixon86

Postby Melb » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:23 pm

Hello,
I’ve read everything and I’m ready to jump back into being healthy in every way. This accountability is what I’m hoping will help me build this into a lifestyle and not just in an emergency kind of way if that makes sense.

Melb
Melb

Postby NorthwestGnome » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Hi All! So good to see all the others joining this month! I have read the guidelines and want to join the October group! Love me some accountability and commiseration! :) I've been following the Starch Solution off and on for three years 50% of the time. I attended a long weekend in 2017?, right before the fires hit Santa Rosa (the "first" time recently?). I lost 20 lbs in 6 months, my bp was "normal" off meds, etc. Then, I slipped back into poor eating. My BP gets high, so I go back on the starch solution, then I lose 20 lbs and my BP is good, and then I have "Just one cheeseburger" and we all know where that leads, it leads to gaining all the weight back. I want to just get back in the habit and adjust my taste buds and get through the initial adjustment period, and then stick to the plan for the long run. Made a big instapot of pinto beans today and cleaned out the fridge (bye bye cheese, fish sticks and ice cream).

So glad to get this in my email today! Just what I needed. Headed to the grocery in the morning to get veggies stocked back up. I do love the baby potatoes boiled. I rely quite a bit on salsa as a condiment, but its usually pretty high in sodium, so I'll use it sparingly. I discovered mustard with my baked potatoes at the three-day (the food was sooo good). One thing I have learned about myself, when I have been successful for months at a time, is that I have to have food prepared and in the fridge. If I get hungry and don't have anything handy its too easy to just grab tacos down the street. So, I'll commit to keeping a pot of beans in the fridge and boiled and baked potatoes in the fridge.

Okay everyone, we can do this! :)
-Eric
NorthwestGnome

Postby Leslie4077 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Hi. I am new to this group and would like to join in on the October 2020 Weigh-In. i have read the necessary information. I look forward to learning more.
Leslie4077

Postby Catonne » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:48 pm

I am very interested in this group, I will go read the guidelines, etc.
Catonne

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program