Clarification needed on MWL recipe ingredients

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Clarification needed on MWL recipe ingredients

Postby determined2bhealthy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:17 am

Hi all~

I was just perusing the MWL recipes, and I see that several of the ones that looked yummy contained ingredients such as avocado, tofu, soy cheese, or fake ground beef.

ARE these ingredients ones that people do cook with on the MWL plan??? I was surprised to see them. This kind of thing is frustrating when one is trying to comply with a clear set of guidelines. :?

What are most of you MWLers doing?

Thanks!
determined2bhealthy

Re: Clarification needed on MWL recipe ingredients

Postby JeffN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:38 am

determined2bhealthy wrote:Hi all~

I was just perusing the MWL recipes, and I see that several of the ones that looked yummy contained ingredients such as avocado, tofu, soy cheese, or fake ground beef.

ARE these ingredients ones that people do cook with on the MWL plan??? I was surprised to see them. This kind of thing is frustrating when one is trying to comply with a clear set of guidelines. :?

Thanks!

The MWL recipe list on this site was organized by a forum user and needs to be “re” reviewed, which we will do this week.

Avocados, tofu, fake cheese and fake meats are not MWL approved. The are either high fat or high calorie dense. However, if we are talking about the same list, she has several qualifiers about what she included and didn't and why. And, the guidelines have changed slightly.

Sorry for the confusion but you can trust the 10-pt checklist. And, if you have a question, just post it. :)

In health
Jeff
JeffN

Re: Clarification needed on MWL recipe ingredients

Postby determined2bhealthy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:36 pm

JeffN wrote:
determined2bhealthy wrote:Hi all~

Thanks!

The MWL recipe list on this site was organized by a forum user and needs to be “re” reviewed, which we will do this week.

Avocados, tofu, fake cheese and fake meats are not MWL approved. The are either high fat or high calorie dense. However, if we are talking about the same list, she has several qualifiers about what she included and didn't and why. And, the guidelines have changed slightly.

Sorry for the confusion but you can trust the 10-pt checklist. And, if you have a question, just post it. :)

In health
Jeff

Thanks so much, Jeff. I'll keep it simple and just do what you suggest with the checklist. :)
determined2bhealthy

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program