October 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: October 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby deweyswakms » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:12 am

I LOVE that Moroccan red lentil soup!! Thanks for posting that recipe. https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2014ot ... roccan.htm

I will make it again and serve it with potatoes or rice. I need the starches to feel full.
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby squealcat » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:15 pm

I was on a little vacation with my husband last week and returned Thursday afternoon. I did weigh myself last week Friday but forgot to post it here. Anyway, I will use the previous weeks weight and subtract this coming week's weight to get (hopefully) my loss for this week. So sorry I forgot about you ! It was a good time and a sunny few days. I was careful to not go wild but I did enjoy the restaurant food but was excited to get back to my normal eating. I only gained 0.2 pounds so that is very good for me.

I will report back on Thursday.

-squealcat (Marilyn)
squealcat

Postby amandamechele » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:49 pm

Today’s Final Simplicity Challenge Photos:
( I almost forgot to post these... I had already gone to bed when I remembered - I think I have caught the cold that all of my children have just finished up with, darn it all...LOL... who has time to be sick?) :|

That is all! Best wishes this week to everyone trying to eat well (and everyone else too).

Amy XO.
amandamechele

Postby Shortnsweet » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:24 am

FINALLY! After 3-week plateau, I'm down 1.5 pounds this week which brings me to a total loss of 20-pounds in 20-weeks! Yay!
Shortnsweet

Postby AnnetteW » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:30 am

Oct 3 - 149.6

Oct 10 - 148.2 (loss of 1.4)

Oct 17 - 148.7 (gain of 0.4)
AnnetteW

Postby stillcrazy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:05 am

My loss this week is .5 lb. We have a posring trend going here with three losses in a row! I hope to see a whole string following!
stillcrazy

Postby sirdle » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:15 am

A loss of 1.1 lbs this week. :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby Belana » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:20 pm

Good morning MWL world, I'm back.
I've gained a little over 7 lbs from traveling and generally being in situations where I lose all control over my eating. Add booze to that, and there's my recipe for weight gain.
Oh yeah, it's been colder than normal here, so that doesn't help at all!
Since I've been home, I'm finding that I'm constantly struggling with challenging social situations, the cram circuit and binge eating while I'm trying to stay on MWL. On top of that, there are my emotional triggers. Honestly, my emotional triggers are the most difficult to deal with.
Soon I will be faced with my most challenging emotional trigger: visiting my elderly mother. I know this is a biggie for me, so I'm trying to minimize the time that I'll be staying in my mother's house.
I'm also going to be traveling a lot again. I find it virtually impossible to stay on MWL while traveling.
Anyhow, I'm bringing my scale to my mother's since I'm driving there. I'm hoping that checking in here while I'm at my mother's will help mitigate all my aforementioned issues while keeping me motivated and sane!
I need a place to vent, where I'm supported and understood while I'm trying to get back to my ideal weight in a very challenging and triggering environment.
Doug Lisle told me in person that controlling one's environment is key to succeeding in weight loss. Well, that's not going to be possible for me coming up here soon, which is why I'm back here on MWL with all of you. I need all the help and support I can get right now. Especially, when I'm staying at my mother's!
It's very comforting for me to be here again because I know all of you understand what I'm saying. Plus, I know I'll get the support I need.
None of us are naturally thin! Otherwise, we wouldn't be here.
Personally, being around naturally skinny or lean people is very difficult! Moreover, being on MWL while everyone around me isn't, is exceedingly difficult and sometimes excruciating!
Once one loses weight, everyone thinks your naturally thin! Well, we're not and it's super tough maintaining our ideal weight!
No matter where one is in ones weight loss goal/journey, we're all in the same boat when it comes to weight loss. Weight loss is VERY TOUGH!
Thanks for being here MWL. I know I can always count on you!
Before I left for Europe, I was down to 98.8 lbs!
Current weight: 107.4
Goal/ideal weight: 100
Belana

Postby squealcat » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Followed MWL this past week pretty easily . No "eating out", no traveling , just home eating the food I am used to and food I love.

10/3 I weighed 194.2
10/17 I weigh 193

A loss of 1.2 ! I am glad to have lost this week. Look forward to the next.

I was reading about the simple food challenge. I do believe that eating simply is so helpful but sometimes I need something different to keep my interest. I just have to keep away from real sweet, real salty and fat (of course).

-squealcat (Marilyn)
squealcat

Postby vegman » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Last Thursday: 161.2 (BMI 24.0)
Today: 160.5 (BMI 23.9)
Change: -0.7 pounds

Goal: < 148 (<BMI 22)

A new recent low.
vegman

Postby Artista » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:02 pm

I weigh the same this morning as last Thursday. :)
Artista

Postby amandamechele » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:47 pm

Marsha - That menu sounds perfect...perfectly simple!

Marilyn - Your weight held steady over a vacation.Not bad. :) Where did you go? No worries about forgetting to check in...I know I promised someone I’d keep them in the tally while they were away and forgot to do so. We all just do our best and try to recognize that others are too. You are here and checking in and working at this...that is what future success is based on (in addition to good adherence to the guidelines)!!

ShortnSweet - I love the bolded excitement...LOL. I can read that positive energy. You are on track for your goal for the year. Woot woot!

Annette - Thanks for checking in! I meant to comment a while back, but I like this new(ish) profile photo of yours.

Vee -Yes, congratulations! My kids would call that a streak. Best wishes with your continued adherence, whether the scale works in your favour or not next week. That is the type of streak that will lead to success and we have full control over. XO.

Sirdle - Ni-ice!

Belana - Welcome back...to the group and home from your wonderful sounding travels. How long will you be staying with your mom? Is everything okay with her? Eating MWL (or very close to it) is possible while travelling - I’ve seen some very success plant based experts do quite well. It definitely is much more difficult than being at home, so do your best. If you truly want to lose quickly, the small amount that you have gained back, analyze your most troublesome situations while travelling and consider working on them one at a time. Please do share here (meaning vent away), we all go through the same issues and sometimes it’s nice to here from someone willing to talk about their difficulties, just to know we are not the only one struggling. But also to share our experiences in similar situations. Did you meet Dr. Lisle during your travels? He is absolutely right about controlling your environment as a key to success. But, as you say, the amount of control in any given situation varies so we must adapt the best we can to those situations and create the best set of circumstances possible for that given situation. With planning, effort and a little luck, you will get through these next challenges. We’ve got your back!

Marilyn - Nice loss! I agree and think that finding the least restrictive version of the plan that you can do while still making progress on your goals is what will keep you and other people at this longer term. You have to find your comfortable spot, that’s the only way this can be your permanent lifestyle versus a limited time diet.

Vegman - Congrats! You are really close to getting into the next decade down. Best wishes for the next couple of weeks.

Artista - Thank you for checking in. How was your week?

:D :-D :) :-) :o :-o :lol: :P :-P :wink: ;) ;-) :nod: :smirk: :thumbsup: :D :-D :) :-) :o :-o 8) :cool: :lol: :P :-P :wink: ;) ;-) :nod: :unibrow: :ninja: :smirk: :thumbsup:
amandamechele

Postby deweyswakms » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:19 am

Shortnsweet wrote:FINALLY! After 3-week plateau, I'm down 1.5 pounds this week which brings me to a total loss of 20-pounds in 20-weeks! Yay!

BRAVO! I know that feels good.
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby deweyswakms » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:26 am

vegman wrote:Last Thursday: 161.2 (BMI 24.0)
Today: 160.5 (BMI 23.9)
Change: -0.7 pounds

Goal: < 148 (<BMI 22)

A new recent low.

Yay on the new low. Feels good, doesn't it? Me too.
deweyswakms

Postby deweyswakms » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:33 am

Belana wrote:Good morning MWL world, I'm back.

Soon I will be faced with my most challenging emotional trigger: visiting my elderly mother.

Welcome back. You have a lot of stressors right now. What helps me is setting my intention each day, then I can remind myself of it through the day. I do a nearly daily journal over on that thread. Be gentle with yourself through this visit. I was just reminded last night of the benefit of setting healthy boundaries, to protect myself. Good luck. Marsha
deweyswakms

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program