May 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: May 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby moonlight » Mon May 06, 2019 1:46 pm

Idgie wrote:I'm late coming in, and feel free not to count me, but my weight today is 309.4 and I've been working my way toward MWL this week, with my first full day of it planned for tomorrow (including pasta and corn tortillas, but no other flour products, and only in weeks where I've had a loss that week).

Hey, Idgie! Good to hear from you. Welcome back. Good luck with your first week back. Turn to your inner warrior and knock those cravings out of your mind!

amandamechele wrote:…. We just keep paddling along until the current picks up and takes us to our next destination. How skilled we get with our strokes will determine exactly where we end up.

Amy, I love this quote from you. :D

I'm not focusing on my index cards now. I've been spending a couple of weeks with JeffN's 10-pt checklist. I think I could recite it in my sleep now. I'm focusing on those points. My exercise routine has increased. :) I feel like I'm keeping my head down, doing internal self-talk when needed, putting one foot in front of the other, and expecting it all to pay off!

XO
moonlight

Postby Spirit3330 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:40 am

Hi....Is it too late to start the May weigh in. I have to get back on track and this is a great way to have accountability

Thanks

Spirit3330
Spirit3330

Postby Heyjudi » Tue May 07, 2019 3:07 pm

Lyndzie wrote:Welcome to all the new faces! My name is Lindsey, and I am Amy's "minion." My official capacity is to help answer questions, and Amy does all the official tallying and organizing. Judi, I would love to see your calorie density chart, feel free to post. All things MWL are welcome! Feel free to share as much (or little) as you like. Nice to meet the new folks, and Hi to our regular crew!

Hi Lindsey, how do I share a copy of the chart to the board? As a pdf, png or jpeg?
Heyjudi

Postby Lyndzie » Tue May 07, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi Heyjudi!

These are the instructions graciously provided to me by Amy:

I upload photos to Flickr.com. (Other websites can be used)

Once they are uploaded and the privacy setting has been set at public. Go to the Photostream tab (or section depending on your device, in your account). You should be able to see all of your public uploaded photos there. Them you click on the photo you want to use to open it.

I was an iPad so the next part may differ, but the background surrounding my photos is black in colour and on the bottom right of my screen are 4 edit/viewing choices. One of them is a picture of a downward pointing arrow over a line. I push that selection and it opens a drop down that has me choose a photo size . I choose medium. This then opens to another screen with a white background shows me my photo in the size that I have selected. I copy the URL from that screen and use it on the McDougall website, nested in between the following BB code [img]pastelinkhere[/img].

Hopefully this helps!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Lyndzie » Tue May 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Spirit3330 wrote:Hi....Is it too late to start the May weigh in. I have to get back on track and this is a great way to have accountability

Thanks

Spirit3330

You can join at any time. Just come back here on Friday and either post a starting weight of zero or what you’ve lost/gained since last Friday. Ask if you have questions, we’re a very helpful group.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby amandamechele » Tue May 07, 2019 10:05 pm

Moonlight - Thank you... and that’s fantastic. I remember you having a lot of success with that strategy. One foot in front of the other. XO

Hey Spirit - Welcome back. Absolutely, as Lindsey said, please do join us. The best time to give this another try is right now! How have you been? I hope we can help provide a little accountability and camaraderie while you’re getting back in the swing of things.

HeyJudi - Hopefully you can understand the instructions that Lindsey posted. I’m not a tech person so I don’t have any of the right words. If this doesn’t work for you, you can always forward me the jpeg and I can post it on your behalf. If you decide to go this route I will PM you my email address. It’s certainly nice of you to share your chart with everyone here.

Lindsey XO. Hope you are doing well!!

Everyone - If you haven’t been poking around the McDougall website yet you may not realize that Dr. McDougall has been doing some webinars recently. I love watching him in action!

Dr. John McDougall Interviews Dr. Michael Greger, April 25th 2019.
Dr. John McDougall Interviews Dr. Kim Williams, May 2nd, 2019.
Tomorrow:
Dr. John McDougall Interviews Chef AJ, May 8th 2019.
(This is the live link, when it expires you can look for this interview, and so many others, here.
amandamechele

Postby Heyjudi » Wed May 08, 2019 12:38 pm

Lyndzie wrote:Hi Heyjudi!

These are the instructions graciously provided to me by Amy:

I upload photos to Flickr.com. (Other websites can be used)

Once they are uploaded and the privacy setting has been set at public. Go to the Photostream tab (or section depending on your device, in your account). You should be able to see all of your public uploaded photos there. Them you click on the photo you want to use to open it.

I was an iPad so the next part may differ, but the background surrounding my photos is black in colour and on the bottom right of my screen are 4 edit/viewing choices. One of them is a picture of a downward pointing arrow over a line. I push that selection and it opens a drop down that has me choose a photo size . I choose medium. This then opens to another screen with a white background shows me my photo in the size that I have selected. I copy the URL from that screen and use it on the McDougall website, nested in between the following BB code [img]pastelinkhere[/img].

Hopefully this helps!

Thank you! Whoppee learned a new computer skill today. Let's see if It works!

Helpful charts that I print out and stick on my refrigerator.

Image5 Pillars of Healthy Eating by Judi, on Flickr

ImageMWL √ List by Judi, on Flickr

ImageCalorie Density Chart 2019 png by Judi, on Flickr
Heyjudi

Postby Heyjudi » Wed May 08, 2019 1:19 pm

@Lindzie and Amy

Followed all the steps but not sure why :?: box shows.

Trying one more time for the other two charts

MWL √ List

5 Pillars of Healthy Eating
Last edited by Heyjudi on Wed May 08, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyjudi

Postby JeffN » Wed May 08, 2019 1:20 pm

Heyjudi wrote:@Lindzie and Amy

Trying one more time! :shock:

Calorie Density Chart

MWL √ List

I fixed your original post so they now show

See above

Jeff
JeffN

Postby Heyjudi » Wed May 08, 2019 1:23 pm

JeffN wrote:
Heyjudi wrote:@Lindzie and Amy

Trying one more time! :shock:

Calorie Density Chart

MWL √ List

I fixed your original post so they now show

See above

Jeff

Thank you Jeff! :-D
Heyjudi

Postby Dpascar » Fri May 10, 2019 4:45 am

Good Morning, back on track, I am down 1 pound this week!

Dan
Dpascar

Postby midnight87 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:22 am

Hi everyone, I'm down 2.2 lbs this week. Kinda amazed at how well this program works lol. I'm almost to my first goal, no longer be obese, I've got about 6.5 lbs to go until I get there :)
midnight87

Postby Shelley Crockett » Fri May 10, 2019 5:33 am

Hi Everyone,

I stayed exactly the same this week, despite being 100% back on track and focused. I think the excessive stress this week at work has impacted my weight. I've stayed on track with my food, so I'll take that as a win.

Loved your quote Amy!

Shelley :)
Shelley Crockett

Postby kdeaton » Fri May 10, 2019 7:27 am

May 10, 2019

Starting wt: 244 lb
Current wt: 238 lb

I absolutely ADORE guacamole and avocados, so that's a little hard to give up, but I the results are paying off! I have also learned a lot about reading labels - just because it is labeled "vegan," doesn't mean it's good for you!

I'm happy to report that I'm down 6 pounds this week, which seems insane to me...but insane enough for me to look forward to staying on course and looking forward to seeing what the scale says next week. I worked out 3 days this week, and I sprung for the Dr. McDougall Mobile Recipe App, which is a wonderful way to ensure that I'm eating compliant meals. I'm aiming to do both more planning of meals and exercise next week. Keep on, keeping on everyone!

Cheers!
K
kdeaton

Postby Spirit3330 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:07 am

Hi All,

I just started on Monday and I am down 1.2 lbs. :-D
Spirit3330

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program