May 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: May 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Michele613 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 am

Still in the game (just a phrase)

0 for the week
Michele613

Postby sirdle » Fri May 17, 2019 9:15 am

kdeaton wrote:...my husband and I celebrated 21 years of marriage (and we still really like each other!)

Congratulations! :-P

kdeaton wrote:...luckily for me, my husband is on board and he is now more willing to eat meat free as he is seeing results for himself!

I think you are BOTH very lucky!

Cheers,

====================

A loss of 0.1 lbs this week (consolidating my losses after a big loss last week) :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby cmwann » Fri May 17, 2019 9:41 am

Up .2 lbs this week (at 143.0 now), but it could be worse. I'm not going to let it dampen my enthusiasm and will continue to try and eat better each week. I was proud of myself for mostly sticking with the plan. And I'm sure the weight will come off, even if not as quickly as I'd like. Good luck to everybody next week!! :-D
cmwann

Postby pace524 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:55 am

New to this thread. Started MWL last week.

Weight loss this week: 1.6 lbs

Starting Weight: 219.6
Today's Weight: 218

Goal Weight: 150ish :)

Happy Friday! Have a beautiful weekend!
pace524

Postby Belana » Fri May 17, 2019 11:17 am

LLP wrote:hi everyone,

I've been mostly plant based for years, falling off the wagon and getting back on. Anyway, due to life experiences in the last few years, I have piled on 25 extra pounds. I have realized that I need to publicly participate on this thread to help me stay accountable, get healthy and lose this weight. So since this is my first weight in, I post a 0.
Liz

Hi Liz and welcome!
This forum has helped me. I hope it does the same for you,
~belana
Belana

Postby Belana » Fri May 17, 2019 11:33 am

Two steps forward and more steps than I want backwards.
Although I had fun, I gained this week.
The worst part is that this slight sojourn really threw me off my good routine. I'm even feeling hungrier and less energetic. Why is that?

Weight: 110.
Gain: 2.6

This weight gain highlights a major concern of mine regarding travel.
I'll be doing a lot of travel this year and I'm concerned. I always gain weight when I travel. It seems unavoidable, or is it?
I remember posting a question on the main discussion forum asking if there were any plant-based resorts that anyone knew of. No one responded. :shock:
Unfortunately, I'm not really surprised.
Belana

Postby Dpascar » Fri May 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Nothing up or down this week. 0 change.
Dpascar

Postby sirdle » Fri May 17, 2019 1:02 pm

Belana wrote:I remember posting a question on the main discussion forum asking if there were any plant-based resorts that anyone knew of. No one responded. :shock: Unfortunately, I'm not really surprised.

So far, there has been one response. :-P

Unfortunately, I don't know of any, either. :(

Edit - And, of course, there is the McDougall 10-day program with exercise, lectures, and cooking classes...

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/prog ... y-program/

... sounds like a resort to me. ;-)
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby Apr.grandash55 » Fri May 17, 2019 3:24 pm

Friday May 17
Last week: 204
This week: 200
Results: -4
Goal weight: 160 (5’ 11’)
Apr.grandash55

Postby Spirit3330 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi Group, My weight stayed the same. Granted I usually weigh myself in the morning but not today. Stayed on point with my eating and added more exercise to my routine. Hopefully will see more results next week
Spirit3330

Postby amandamechele » Sat May 18, 2019 1:02 am

Thanks Sirdle. That is an absolute blessing. My family is quite supportive too, and I feel lucky for that. Does your wife eat this way too? My husband is happy to eat what I cook, but when eating out, or picking up the groceries will buy some items that I won’t eat. Thankfully he’s careful and knows which foods are really tough for me to resist and typically doesn’t buy them.

Michele - I’m sending you a hug from the other side of the world! Jeff and Sirdle said it all. I’m here listening and want you to know that what you are experiencing resonates with so many of us. I’m glad you are still checking in. Your words are wise and your knowledge is sound. The emotional mind fog that repetitive stumbles may create can sometimes obscure these facts. You know that this is a process that will take time and that medium term success is possible through your own experience. When you string enough of those terms together you get success, even if it didn’t occur in the way you expected. Take heart from all of your previous successes and take good care of yourself this week. I’m glad you’re still in the game.

Midnight - Thank you for checking in. I have no doubt that you will get it straightened out this week. :)

Moonlight - Yes! Have a good week yourself.

Shelley - Nice steps! I’m also glad to hear you’re doing well this week, Shelley.

K - Happy Anniversary! 21 years is quite a milestone, and it’s lovely to hear you happily proclaim your enduring affection. So sweet! I’m glad you’ve noticed a few things that will help you be more successful in utilizing the MWL to your advantage. Keep up the great work of making observations about the changes you are making and then reflecting on them. I wish you a health-filled week as well.

cmwann - Please don’t let it dampen your enthusiasm. Working towards sustainable long term change can take some time. You will only cease to make progress if you stop trying to do so. Be proud of yourself and all of the good choices that you made this week.

Pace Welcome and congratulations on a nice start! Have a beautiful weekend too. :)

Belana - There’s something to be said for having some fun, but yes, sometimes it can set you back due to reigniting some cravings. Dr. Lisle’s has equated this to Shepard Seigel’s work on the conditioned compensatory response which he discusses in this lecture: The Cram Circuit. With regards to plant based resorts, other than programs that are specifically designed as wellness centres, like the McDougall Program and others, I am unsure of specific tourist or vacation resorts dedicated to eating this way (you will have to google any other programs you are interested in, but the next McDougall 10-day program is coming up in June. There is a Holistic Holiday Cruise, that I have seen advertised that has a specific plant based option - once a year. That being said, all kinds of resorts will accommodate to meet your food needs. I have gone on a variety of vacations and managed to eat very well with a little advanced preparation. When my family went to Punta Cana for example, I ensured that the resort we went to could provide at least one oil free starch choice (it was white rice), a multitude of raw veggies, plain beans and fruit in the salad bar. It wasn’t perfect and it was a bit repetitive, but I lost weight over that vacation and that made me very happy. Many hotels provide plain oatmeal and fresh fruit for breakfast.

Dan - Thanks for checking in. Best wishes this coming week.

Apr.grandash55 - Great week! Best wishes in your efforts towards continued success.

Spirit - If you continue to do as well this coming week, you should see some results for your efforts. Keep up the good work.
amandamechele

Postby Idgie » Sat May 18, 2019 9:11 am

307.2 today (up some amount that I don't feel like facing right now). Bah. Bleah. Wahhh!
Idgie, Southern CA
My recipes (mostly MWL) are at https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=58361&p=586527#p586527
My new MWL-only recipe site is at http://mwlrecipes.weebly.com
Idgie

Postby Artista » Sat May 18, 2019 9:19 am

Hi Everyone, I'm up .4 lbs. this week. Amy, I like your picture of reality with all the dips, rocks, and rainclouds. That looks more like my reality than the smooth line in the first picture. I tend to lose weight slowly and I'm having a hard time losing these last few pounds. Anyway, onward and, hopefully, upward.
Artista

Postby Ellen N » Sat May 18, 2019 11:48 am

I weigh 154# this am, lost 3# over last 2 weeks (forgot to weigh myself last week). Have been doing water aerobics 3x/week but now have pinched nerve or something going on for 2 days and now walking with a cane. Hopefully that will calm down fast.
Ellen N

Postby Michele613 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:30 pm

Great going everyone.....repeat the good this week and for those that slipped, just wipe up the floor and make it a clean week.

Amy I appreciate your words so much. Thank you. I got a real LOL from the cartoon. Thanks making me exercise through laughing :)
Michele613

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program