March 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: March 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby landog » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Amy,

Thanks for the pictures from the McDougall weekend! It's was nice to see Dr. Lim, Jeff and Ichabod Crane with Dr. McDougall!
(You are lucky -- Dr. McDougall couldn't make the event that I went to.)
(..or, I was unlucky! :-D )

You and Dr. McDougall are looking great!

It's been 9 months since the 10 day that I attended and I'd love to get back there.

Thanks,
-dog
landog

Postby moonlight » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:48 pm

landog wrote:
moonlight wrote:
moonlight wrote:I'm still at 173lbs. No loss.... I've had a love affair with crackers!! Somehow I need to break it off. :)

Hi Amy,
I'm down a pound!! 172. I wrote my weight earlier this morning from what I weighed a few days ago, thinking that my cracker fancy had gotten in the way of losing but I'm actually down a pound. :D
BTW, I've written my intention to stop eating crackers along with reasons why and taped it around the box of crackers that is always in my kitchen. :D

You could always have no crackers in the house (and no other flour products)!

Hi Landog, Yes, I would opt for no crackers in my kitchen but I share my kitchen with others who like to eat the occasional cracker. I must get past the willingness to eat them!!
moonlight

Postby squealcat » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 pm

I am enjoying reading everyone's posts. I especially like the pictures from the 3-day McDougall program ! I am not participating much, I know. I plan to post my weight loss at the end of the month. So far March is going well for me. I am planning my meals better and they still are simple, easy to fix and easy to eat. I went on a girl's weekend a few days ago and in the past, it was disastrous but THIS time it was wonderful ! I brought along cooked sweet potatoes, raw veggies, overnight oats (the free hotel breakfast is not very doable and ends up tempting me. I just got bananas and used their plates and "silverware" ). I also bought some things from a couple of restaurants and tweaked them into a meal. No one said a thing....don't think they cared or noticed.

The sun is showing itself more here in Michigan this week and is cheering everyone up. Still cold so far but a little warmth is on the way. Thankful for what I have but looking forward to what is to come !

Hope everyone is doing well. I will rejoin you the end of the month.

-Marilyn (squealcat)
squealcat

Postby Belana » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:36 am

Ha! I was in a hurry, didn't pay attention and distractedly posted in February. Oh well. I'll get it right this week. :nod:
Belana

Postby anne57 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:12 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Lyndzie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:42 pm

anne57 wrote:Hi Amy, :)

As much as I need to lose weight, I’m running into the same problem I did last time with MWL. What’s good for weight loss isn’t good for me for other problems, and I’m seeing an increase of symptoms for a couple of health issues other than weight-related. I need to add a few non-MWL foods back in. I guess I’ll just have to settle for a slow steady loss and hope for the best. Thank you for all you do here.

Back to lurkdom for me. Best of luck everyone!

Anne

Hi Anne. This group is for anyone doing their best to follow MWL. No one here is the food police. If would still like the camaraderie and support this group provides, feel free to continue to join the weekly weigh ins. We just ask that all advice and recipes posted on this thread be MWL compliant so that no one gets confused about the recommendations. You’ve been doing great with your journal and batch cooking, keep it up!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby amandamechele » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:28 pm

Rosey - Thanks Rosey, I look forward to the time at the program and the free time to take photos. They always refresh all of the good memories when I’m in need of a boost. May I ask, what kind of medical procedure will you be having this week? (No need to answer this if it makes you uncomfortable, or if it is really none of my business). Will you mention these headaches to your doctor/surgeon before hand? If you struggle at all with adherence, focus your efforts towards avoiding all of the non-McDougall foods (as opposed to additionally limiting yourself to MWL) prior to your procedure in order to get your body in as good a position as possible for Friday. XO.

Chris - Nice loss and navigation skills. :) You are doing really well and have an excellent perspective. :)

Belana - May I ask, as I cannot recall, is your BMI already quite low? If so that could be why the weight is now coming off very slowly. You can follow the plan very closely but your hunger drive isn’t going to let you eat below it too much at this point and you may only see a couple of pounds a month loss. I consider this stage an example of excellent adherence, if you get there. It is where I hope to be one day and you should be proud of your persistence. No need at all to eat 11 pounds of salad...LOL... unless you love salad, of course. Just keep doing what you are doing for a bit longer and see how it goes.

Cena - I’m with you, as usual: a good loss on the scale is an emotional experience! Great efforts this week.

Humberto - Carry on my friend, and keep checking in. Each week is another chance to make a few more good choice and tip the scale in the right direction. No need to rush it... and it sounds like you are enjoying life too!

Alishana - Absolutely no worries, better late than never. :) Best wishes for next week. (I’ll add you to the tally when i get home tonight)

Landog - Thank you. I definitely feel very lucky, especially in capturing that photo of the 4 experts all in one place. I had been running back to my room in between sessions and noticed a small crowd around the sofas in the lobby, and low and behold there was an informal photo shoot going on. I sometimes feel a little bit like paparazzi at these events... pushy and invasive, but this one just came by chance. I love this shot of Dr. Lisle and the rest. :) If you ever go to another program hopefully Dr. McD will be there. There was 1 talk I had never heard and really enjoyed...I’ll have to look back through the program to remember which one, when I get home.

Marilyn - I’m glad you are still quietly following along and love it when we hear from you. Congratulations on eating so well while travelling. That is commendable. Your positive attitude will help get you where you don’t even realize where you are headed yet. I believe in the good things coming!

Anne - Lindsey is absolutely correct. No food police, just support and accountability to oneself. We love having you here and if you wish to continue to check in you are more than welcome. It is a good idea to let go of the idea of quick weight loss and focus on achieving excellence in the day to day process of eating well. The weight loss will follow at whatever rate your body allows. If you feel the need for a break from weekly check ins, maybe consider monthly ones, like you are doing with the weigh-in. I sometimes feel way too exposed having to talk about and explore such a personal trial publicly every single week so I understand the desire to step back every once in awhile for a calming sanity break. I’m sending you my love this week and hope your other health issues are under control.

Lindsey - Thank you so much for being such a supportive team member all over the boards. I really do hope to meet you one day at a program. XO.
amandamechele

Postby anne57 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:02 pm

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Rosey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 pm

amandamechele wrote:Rosey - Thanks Rosey, I look forward to the time at the program and the free time to take photos. They always refresh all of the good memories when I’m in need of a boost. May I ask, what kind of medical procedure will you be having this week? (No need to answer this if it makes you uncomfortable, or if it is really none of my business). Will you mention these headaches to your doctor/surgeon before hand? If you struggle at all with adherence, focus your efforts towards avoiding all of the non-McDougall foods (as opposed to additionally limiting yourself to MWL) prior to your procedure in order to get your body in as good a position as possible for Friday. XO.

They think my headaches are anxiety. They are going to be doing a colonoscopy on me. Not looking forward to it at all. Though should be better then last one since I don't have diverticulitis flare up this time around. Last one was many years ago before I became vegan. What I'm having trouble leaving a lone is oils and nuts which I know make me sick a lot. Just got to buckle down and quit letting people talk me into going out. I didn't realize how many seeds I eat couldn't eat them all week for the procedure and I'd pick up a tomato or cucumber and start to eat it and go nope can't do that. Or sunflower seeds and nuts which aren't allowed this week either. Though today I'm on clear liquids only since tomorrow is the procedure. at least it's bright and early in morning then I'll be done with it. They told my hubby he had to stay with me for 12 hours after it's done. Just a few more hours and I have to start taking the gavilyte which is such nasty tasting stuff. remember from last time not looking forward to that.

On plus side I just had one of my neighbors ask me how much I've lost since I moved in here. I told her the approximately 42 lbs but that it's been going up and down so not exactly sure and she said she hasn't seen the up and down just the down. That was very reassuring.
Rosey

Postby Dpascar » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:30 am

Good morning all. Down 0.7 this week.
Dpascar

Postby Shelley Crockett » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:18 am

Good morning,

Today is my first ever weigh-in! I attended the March 8th three day intensive weekend in Santa Rosa, where I met Amy and Susan and heard all about this MWL discussion board. I also met Dr. McDougall, Jeff Novick, Dr. Lim and Dr. Lisle, who are all extremely knowledgeable, open and caring. Attending was well worth the investment.

I'm thrilled to be here to have the accountability and support. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

March 15 weigh-in: down 5 pounds

Shelley :)
Shelley Crockett

Postby sirdle » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:20 am

It has been a very difficult week... but managed to stay on-plan with my eating.

Found a new apartment -- moving in on the 1st.

Down 1.8 lbs. :-P

Edit -- Beware the ides of March!
Last edited by sirdle on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby taz432 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:37 am

Down 1 lb since last post in this thread Feb. 22. I was off McDougall for a little over a week in between but am back on.
taz432

Postby anelson108 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Weigh-in today: 193.2
Last week: 193.8
Results: 0.6 pound loss
Total loss (since joining MWL): 11.4
Goal weight: 150 pounds (5' 6" height)
NOTE: I attended a conference last weekend. I made poor food choices because it was convenient.
anelson108

Postby Ellen N » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:47 pm

I forgot to post weight last week, oops! My weight is 161 this am, same as last weigh-in. I realize I have not been as much a stickler for the rules as I should be but happy I have not gained any weight. Not feeling that great the last couple weeks, tired, no stamina for exercise,just feeling physically weak. Will try to get back with the program if I can recover from whatever this is.
Ellen N

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program