January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby Dr10or » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:23 pm

I thought today was weigh-in day. I know we can just put net gain/loss, but just for my record, I am putting it all out there.
219.6 lbs
31.51 BMI
43.75" waist

Was a tough day saying no to the Christmas cookies in the office from pharmacies, home health agencies, patients, but once out of sight, out of mind :)
Dr10or

Postby moonlight » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:37 pm

AnneG wrote: My goal is to loose the final 30 pounds this year and so finally be at my goal weight.

Hi AnneG,

Welcome! I'm wanting to lose my last 30 lbs this year, too. We can support each other and get it done! :D

Moonlight
moonlight

Postby amandamechele » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:20 am

ChasingHappy - I love your username. :) How lovely that your children led the way towards you discovering this way of eating. It can be difficult to commit, so just do your best, and each week you will get a little bit better at it. You have us for accountability and a built-in family support network...you can totally do this!

Humberto - You have got a fabulous attitude about this! Let us know what you end up making next.

LauraG - Welcome! That is a wonderful way to think about this...it’s not just for weight loss, but for health too. Best wishes with your progress this week.

SpringsWilli - I’m glad you are willing to give this a try. There can be many reasons for slight gains in the beginning, especially if you are at a normal weight for your height. Do your best to try and completely adhere to the guidelines for at least a couple of weeks, and then let’s re-assess how things are progressing.

Kathy - It’s been lovely having you in the group, thank you for supporting so many of us for the past couple of years. Best wishes with your training for the 10k...please let us know how it goes and maybe even post a picture!! :) Let me know if you ever head back down to a 3-day program in Santa Rosa and I can try and meet up with you again, one of these days.

Dr10or - It sounds like you have a lot of temptation at your office. Congratulations on being strong around it. If you continue to completely avoid them, it has been my experience and that of many others, that the pull of the treats (in the form of feelings of craving) fade down to a very manageable level within 1-2 weeks. Best wishes in leading everyone at your practice to a healthier New Year.
amandamechele

Postby Vegannurse » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:04 am

Hello,my name is Alice and I would love to join this group please. I am brand new to this program and would like to lose weight. How do I join please?
Vegannurse

Postby agissell » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:31 am

Ok, I'm guessing I'm the first one recording for this week, being on the other side of the world, it's Friday noon here already.

I started 2019 weighing 198 lb, today I'm -2 lb down! :-D

Have a great weekend everyone!
agissell

Postby anne57 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:35 am

Last edited by anne57 on Mon May 06, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
anne57

Postby Linda Dorrill » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29 am

Good morning from the Eastern Time Zone and the South!

Good news. I've lost my first 2 lbs again! Down to 183. :D I hope to not gain it back and be able to post an even better number next Friday! Today is my hardest day. I'm out most of the day and away from my kitchen. I spend time in a friend's sub shop--the only thing I can eat there is iceberg lettuce, tomato and onion. I'm going to eat well before leaving and do a lot of praying.

Reminder to self: This is not a license to eat off plan. Repeat...

You all have a great day!
Linda
Linda Dorrill

Postby fiftysix » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 am

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for being here. I'm joining this thread for accountability and motivation. I lost 1/2 lb this week.
fiftysix

Postby Svelt » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 am

Hi Everyone,

I took the 10 day course in 2011 and successfully lost 70 pounds. Then I started having this fear that I was too thin and so I went off the plant based diet. Over the intervening years I gained back 20 pounds. This Fall, I decided I needed to do something or I was going to regain all of my weight. I went back to Santa Rosa for a three day intensive so I could get back into the swing of things. So now I am back to eating healthy, however, my weight loss is not happening as rapidly as before. I really looked at how I was doing the program and saw lots of areas where I was cheating (reading the forum helped me discover where I was cheating. So, now I have joined this forum for support and for reminders of how to do things. My weight today is 163 pounds and going down! :nod:
Svelt

Postby Humberto » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:37 pm

Hola and Hello everyone, its Friday and actually my Monday as I work Friday to Monday.
Today I weight in at 238.8, on Jan 01 I was 237.4.
Which is good, a 1.4 lb gain, for me as my days off, T / W / Th, I tend to gain weight, sometimes as much a 5 lbs.
I did cook and eat MWL for the three past days, but probably about 70% in target and 30% out of target (its a transition for me).
So gona continue to read, get the info, and allow the allowing.

One question for JeffN or anyone who may know.

I usually ride 1 hr in the morning before work (sometimes on my weekends) and 1.5 hours in the summer time.
In the winter I lose around 2 lbs, today I went from 238.8 to 236.4, in the summer sometimes the delta is 4 lbs.
My question is, is this in general 100% water weight?

Thank you everyone, all the best,
Humberto

PS: from Don Miguel Ruiz on Jan 01 2019
From the moment you are born, you deliver a message to the world. What is the message? The message is you, that child. It's the presence of an angel, a messenger from the infinite in a human body.
Humberto

Postby Sunshine Girl » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Hello. I am new to the forum. I have been vegan for about 8 years. But junk food vegan! My weight has been stable for years but I am very overweight. I have most of Dr McDougall’s books and I enjoy reading and watching his videos and posts. I hope to go for it this year. I plan to weigh in tonight and post my weight. Thank you for all the advice. :-o
Sunshine Girl

Postby ChasingHappy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:26 pm

Sorry i'm late, but this is my start week, and i'm at Zero.

But I'm ready to go! :nod:
ChasingHappy

Postby Rosey » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:40 pm

Last weigh in 272.2 lbs this one 268.7 lbs for a total of 3.5 lbs lost.
Rosey

Postby rkdubbya » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:45 pm

Hi All! I'm new to posting on this group though I've silently followed for a little while. My beginning weight is 162.6 and my goal weight is 135. I've followed the program off and on for a few years, but never with a supportive group. I'm hoping my new determination and the accountability and support from this group will keep me motivated.
rkdubbya

Postby NomeOslo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:14 pm

My weigh in this morning, minus 1.4 lbs. I'm happy, but skeptical.
“Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” Edward Stanley

NomeOslo

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program