January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: January 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby scialabba » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:55 am

yes. I am ready. Lets do this
scialabba

Postby ladynnred1 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:00 am

I am so ready. Thank you. Happy new year to all.
Cynthia
ladynnred1

Postby Michele613 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:03 am

Hi Everyone, I have tried the McDougall program on at least 4 occasions since Fall 2017. Each time I was able to maintain the program for up to 2 months and lose up to 20#s but at that outer point I sabotage myself and fall off the program, gaining every bit back plus a few. Haven't been able to identify the factor which leads me to eat the wrong foods and not get right back on track. I am hopeful that perhaps involving myself with others who are on the same journey may help me through the more challenging times and perhaps I can be a supporter as well as being supported. I am 70 years old, 5'6" and weigh 185. My goal is to weigh 135-140. Each time I think 'this is it' but I surprise even myself when I fail. I don't live in US and do not have the abundance and variety of veggies available nor the ready to eat frozen foods.....that, coupled with the fact that I've never been a cook nor drawn to cooking, makes this a more difficult journey. My husband, bless his heart, is a 100% enabler and does my bidding to get the wrong foods, but will also prepare food if I make the plan. Well....let's do it! :-D
Michele613

Postby JeffN » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:52 am

Greetings everyone!

Welcome to the January Weigh-In Thread for Dr. McDougall's Maximum Weight Loss Program. This weekly weigh-in group is for those wanting to follow the Maximum Weight Loss (MWL) program or Mary's Mini's. The McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program is for those who have trouble losing weight and/or are volume eaters.

If you are not familiar with the programs and their guidelines, check out these links...

The Maximum Weight Loss Guidelines - Long Version
https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2005nl ... ushing.htm

Maximum Weight Loss Guidelines - The Quick Start Guide
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26620&start=150#p578019

The McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program is based on the principles of calorie density. Here is a full 80 minute presentation on the topic:

Calorie Density: How To Eat More, Weigh Less & Live Longer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CdwWliv7Hg

Mary’s Mini
https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2006nl/june/marys.htm

https://youtu.be/31oCHArKmhI

For the volume eater:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2005nl ... 100vol.htm

Clickable List of MWL recipes from McDougall Newsletters
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10076

Some forum members have found it helpful to keep a daily journal of what they eat each day and their activity. If you would like to do so, you can create a journal here. When you click on the link, you can also see several of the current journals.

viewforum.php?f=52

Looking forward to a successful start of the new year for all of you.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby DebbieLind » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:06 am

Happy New year! I have been doing this way of eating since October 2018, lost 15lbs, then came December and totally failed. I’ve already started eating clean again, but I feel I need to be accountable, so I’m hoping this board helps. I’m leaving for a vacation in a couple weeks and hope to stay on point.
DebbieLind

Postby Gina Marie » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:39 am

Hello, Happy New Year! My name is Gina, I am 5’3 and weigh 151 pounds. Two years ago I weighed 110. I have since gone through menopause, and can not believe I have gained that much weight. I would like to lose 30 pounds, and get healthier. I would like to continue to live a lifestyle of WFPBNO. (whole food plant based no oil) I have been doing this on and off the past five months, but have fallen off the wagon way too much. My main downfall is sugar. I am addicted, and need to stay off of it. Everything else with this way of eating is doable for me, so I simply need to stay totally away from sugar. I have been off of sugar, and eating WFPBNO totally since the day after Christmas, so one week now. I have decided to hit it hard, and not cheat, at all. Thank you so very much for this program! I am not very computer savvy, and hope I can figure this out enough to do it. :)

I love this quote: “Everything you eat is either fighting disease, or feeding it.”
Gina Marie

Postby Michele613 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:49 am

Hi Gina Marie, Thanks for that great quote...it is so true. Think I need to enlarge and print as a daily reminder. Here's to the success of all of us who are hopeful and willing to do the work :thumbsup:
Michele613

Postby NomeOslo » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:52 am

I followed Dr. McDougall's plan in 2016 and lost ~40 pounds, then slowly reverted to poor eating habits, and have regained most of that back. I want to stop this cycle, and I'm hoping posting my loss every week will provide some accountability that will help. :)
“Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” Edward Stanley

NomeOslo

Postby Michele613 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:17 am

Hi Forest Goddess, I read your late December post and I so related, This is my 1st time joining a board with accountability and I am looking forward to reading about everyone's struggles and successes. I am familiar with success too but unfortunately it seems to lead to yet another failure. Please G-d this will be the year...the time....when I can finally say "I did it". I accept the fact that this is a lifetime change in my food addictions and attitudes...one day at a time...but at least I am still trying and getting up from the count. I look forward to sharing your journey
Michele613

Postby Katowens » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:19 am

Hi,
1) how do I find this from the main menu?
2) where are folks getting the weight loss ticker?
Katowens

Postby lorigreenacres » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:02 am

I'm looking forward to getting back to a weekly check in. Thank you! Lori
lorigreenacres

Postby JeffN » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:12 am

Katowens wrote:Hi,
1) how do I find this from the main menu?

There are a few ways...

1) From the Website Main Menu https://www.drmcdougall.com
- If you click on the "connect" button, the first item you will see is the Discussion Board.
- Click on it and it takes you to the main menu of the Discussion Board.

2) From the main menu of the Discussion Board
- Go to the main menu of the Discussion Board https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/
- click on the Maximum Weigh Loss Program forum viewforum.php?f=11
- this thread is usually near the top.

3) From anywhere on the internet to this thread
- Cut and paste this link into your browser and you will be taken to this thread
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59073

4) Add this to your bookmarks in your browser.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Postby Humberto » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:40 am

Good morning, yesterday to start the year off right, after sleeping to noon (its was New Years), I rode my bike for about 1 hour, a nice and easy ride, then visited Von's and purchased all the stuff for the Black Bean Chili and wow it was good. I did add Jalapenos and soy "beef" sausages. Also for the baked chips went with spice taco shells.

Yup this form is a good source of support, and for anyone interested I also receive daily emails from Don Miguel Ruiz and Abraham / Jerry / Ester Hicks. Both help keep me open and moving towards balance. Today I'm gona clean out the refrigerator.

AND a big thank you JeffN for all the wonderful info, for the 10 points and for caring.

All the best to all.
Humberto
Last edited by Humberto on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Humberto

Postby rukaspooka » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:41 am

Hello All

This is my first time joining a board and my first post. Been vegan for almost 8 years but a junk food vegan most of the time.
I was doing great before the holidays but totally feel off the wagon over Christmas. Looking forward to an online board to post and share. Recently earned my ACE certified personal trainer degree so its time to put my money where my mouth is. Goals include losing 30 lbs this year and gaining some clients when I am feeling confident again :D
rukaspooka

Postby Kalyani » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:43 am

Hi Team!
I am so excited to be here. Over the last 3 years I lost 80 pounds but this last few months have regained 19 pounds :( . Time to reel it in.

I had a PHA (Physical Health Assessment) today that is mandatory by my employer. That was another reality check. I weigh 232 lbs, my waist is 42" and my blood pressure was 140/80. These are all indicators that I am not doing what I need to do. but, that all ends today. I am committed to getting the 19 off that I have regained and to finish the goal of getting down to 130/140 pounds :D .

I am here for complete transparency and accountability. I am grateful for the opportunity and support.

Today is a day of transformation.

Thanks
Kandice
Kalyani

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program