September 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: September 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby amandamechele » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:45 pm

Svenja - I do believe in miracles :) ... if you keep eating them eventually you'll find something you like. I also noticed that some of my cravings changed - just like a number of experts and long-term practitioners have said before - and healthier foods, like vegetables, often will satisfy them.

Dee - LOL! Keep trying, that old cement fat is no match for your perseverance. Thanks for the salt description, I will avoid it.

Sarabee - Yes! Good loss this week.

Sirdle - Thank you :)
Cottleston Pie
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:52 pm

Mom+Me sends her well wishes to everyone here. She has been having some trouble logging in but managed to PM me. She's still here working hard at health!

AnnaUK - I saw your post in the August thread and made sure to include your loss here. Great effort this week!
amandamechele

Postby sirdle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:05 pm

amandamechele wrote:Sirdle - Thank you :)
Cottleston Pie

That was awesome! Thank YOU! :-P
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby Suey51 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:35 am

Thanks Amy for sharing Jeff Novick's post on compliance - really helpful :) Great news about your parents. I haven't read that book on Telomeres, but it sounds very interesting so I'll add it to my reading list.

Best wishes to everyone x
Suey51

Postby ANNAUK » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:35 pm

Argh thAnk you. That's the second time I've done that. Total loss of days lately. Moved house last week hubby still working in old town. Missed nursery home visit today just discovered my baby comes up in a rash with soya and wheat. Trying to mAke some greAt snacks and fillers very time consuming. Potato cakes. Oat bars. Brownie. Jelly. Trying to make him some bread tomorrow hopefully ! All eating the same to make like easier too :)))
Xxxxx
ANNAUK

Postby talita8 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:01 am

Hi All,
I am joining too. I was just a day late to add my weight last week so will start this week. I have been eating the McDougall way now for about 3 years and reached my first goal weight. My main reason to eat this way is for health. But recently on holiday my weight went up. Even though I tried to choose the best foods out of the options I had. I have now set a new goal weight which is a few pounds lower than the last one. My main problem is over eating, even on the McDougall plan.
Thanks All Talita
talita8

Postby ANNAUK » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:14 am

talita8 wrote:Hi All,
I am joining too. I was just a day late to add my weight last week so will start this week. I have been eating the McDougall way now for about 3 years and reached my first goal weight. My main reason to eat this way is for health. But recently on holiday my weight went up. Even though I tried to choose the best foods out of the options I had. I have now set a new goal weight which is a few pounds lower than the last one. My main problem is over eating, even on the McDougall plan.
Thanks All Talita

Hey talita
That's exactly my problem too
I would totally recommend the book mindless eating
I almost need to read is a couple of times a year !!!

Good luck this week xxxxxxxx
ANNAUK

Postby amandamechele » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Sue - Thank you and best wishes to you too. :)

Anna - Your days sound packed! How is your son doing now? Has his rash cleared up? I hope you are able to find time for you own stuff too during this busy and stressful time. We're pulling for you!

Talita - Welcome, welcome. :) I hope we can offer you the support that you need. You're familiar with the program and have had great success in the past. Congratulations! As you know it just takes getting back to the guidelines consistently in order to see success. Were you eating the MWL version of the program when you lost weight originally? If not, that might just do the trick and be enough that your "overeating" isn't as important when the foods are of a lower calorie density. If you're still having trouble, (while adhering to the guidelines to a high degree) with a lack of weight loss due to the amount of food you eat you can add other strategies to try and lower the calorie density of your meals and overall daily consumption by doing things like starting your meals with soups or salad and then eating the starch and/or beans, or choosing not to eat after a certain time (like 7pm) in order to minimize late evening grazing. If this is an issue of being drawn off the plan on a regular basis due to the temptation of foods not recommended you could be in The Pleasure Trap (are you familiar with Dr. Doug Lisle's work - he's the staff psychologist)? Here's an alternate link to The Pleasure Trap just in case the first one isn't working well.

Here's some of what I've been eating this week:
(Can you tell corn is in season? :nod: )
Last edited by amandamechele on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amandamechele

Postby amandamechele » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Talita - here's one more resource from Jeff Novick's forum. Can you really eat as much as you want is the thread's title, but I've linked to the specific post where he talks about what happens once you've already lost a lot of weight and are approaching your goal.
XO
Amy
amandamechele

Postby Suey51 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:36 am

Hello everyone,

A 0.6 pound gain for me this week. My emotions were all over the place and I found compliance was extra challenging. :(

amandamechele wrote:Talita - here's one more resource from Jeff Novick's forum. Can you really eat as much as you want is the thread's title, but I've linked to the specific post where he talks about what happens once you've already lost a lot of weight and are approaching your goal.
XO
Amy

Amy - thanks for sharing this Jeff Novick post. A very useful reminder for me!

I'm going to Spain with my Mum next week so won't be able to join next Friday's weigh in. Mum has been talking about trying to lose some weight to help ease her painful osteoarthritis. She has already made some changes to her diet since I started eating WFPB, so I'll be trying to encourage her further along the McDougall path. Looking forward to a week together and some warmer/sunnier weather!

Best wishes x
Suey51

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:15 am

Happy Friday everybody! :-D

Down 0.8 pounds this week, wooo hoooo!

I'm still on my regimen of potatoes/sweet potatoes/non-starchy veggies. I've also been keeping up with spin classes, so feeling pretty good right now, fully in the zone.

:)
Qwerty988

Postby zsilent1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:51 am

Greetings Group Mates!

I'm down 2 lbs this week. Made it through my birthday and husbands without too much damage and stayed on track with compliant meals. The fam came for birthdays and brought 2 cakes (we all told them not to and they know we are on McDougall). Well, I was not even tempted to even try a bite. Actually, I thought the cakes reeked of chemicals. Later I mentioned that to my daughter and she confirmed that yes, in fact, they did taste chemically artificial. So, good for me! Stay Strong and Healthy People!

Thanks for the great links Amy! Suzy enjoy your trip with your Mom in the sun! 8)

Have a great week everyone! :)

Susan

Released: 21 lbs
zsilent1

Postby BeHealthy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:36 am

Hello, I'm holding steady with a zero loss/gain for another week.

I'm doing great with my exercise and have a 18 day streak going for meeting my steps goal. It's a daunting task. Each day I meet the step number goal, Garmin pushes it up a bit more. Today's goal is 9,010 steps. Although I do like how the program increases the goal slightly each time I achieve it, I think I'll freeze the moving target at 10,000 steps when I get there, continue my streak, and begin to add in some other things like more resistance training.

I hope you're all doing well and have good Friday weigh ins to report!
BeHealthy

Postby sirdle » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:39 am

0.2 # loss this week.
"Before Enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After Enlightenment chop wood, carry water." -- Zen proverb
sirdle

Postby galooop » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:20 am

Lost 3.2 LBS

Repairmen in the kitchen all week (ceiling chunks fell down - big mess) -

I was eating little meals I made in the rice cooker (on the porch) and ate some lunches in restaurants.
So happy they're almost done and I'll be able to start cooking my regular meals again tomorrow!

Everybody take good care!
:-) Chris
galooop

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program