July 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: July 2017 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby scialabba » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:25 am

How do I join the McDougal weigh in group and how do I receive all the posts..
Thanks for helping me
scialabba

Postby Suey51 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:08 am

Hello everyone,
I've lost 1.2 pounds this week :-)

When I started the MWL program, 8 weeks ago, my weight loss goal was fairly arbitrary. As I'm old-school UK, I weigh myself in stones and pounds. So my goal was 'to get under 10 stones (140 pounds)'. Now that I'm there, I am starting to think what next? I would like to continue with MWL as I have lost weight, my BMI has gone from 25.5 to 23.9 and I feel so good! But am unsure how to decide the next goal. I have weight records going back 14 years, to when I was about 124 pounds. But, I have more muscle now, and am obviously older.... How have you guys decided what weight to aim for?

Amy - the green lentil and veg curry recipe is here> http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/green-lentil-curry I did it without the oil and adapted to the veg I had to hand.

We are growing: peas, broad beans, courgette (zucchini), dwarf/french beans, runner beans, curly kale, cavolo nero, swiss chard, carrots, radishes, pasnips, beetroot, turnips, swede (rutabagas), butternut squash, new potatoes, shallots, garlic, various herbs and some soft fruit (raspberries, blueberries, loganberries - only planted this year so not much fruit yet!) Planted some asparagus crowns this year, but will take a couple of years to be usable....

To all newbies 'welcome'! Joining this weigh-in group was the second best decision I made (after deciding to do MWL!) for achieving weight loss. It has massively helped me lose weight. I thought it would be the weekly accountability, and that has helped me in those dark moments. But its also the encouragement, pointers to wonderful resources, and the feeling I'm not alone in doing this, that this group provides.

I haven't adhered 100% to MWL guidelines either, but as a recovering perfectionist, I am now happy with being 'good enough' :-) Whatever weight I settle on, this is becoming a lifestyle choice rather than a temporary fix. I hope to get to the point where i can follow the normal McD program and dip into MWL if my weight starts to nudge up again.

All the best, Sue x
Suey51

Postby Mom+Me » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:54 am

Hello, again!

It's exciting to see all the new people who've joined. I'm looking forward to all of us being a source of encouragement + support through our health-achieving journeys!

Amandamechele-- Thanks for the welcome! Even though I'm a "seasoned McDougaller", I have not always followed what I know. So, I have quite a bit of weight to lose. :cry: Because of this, I can get away with having a refreshing lettuce sandwich on Ezekiel Bread a couple times a week. Thanks for letting me know that I can weigh in only monthly; it's good to know I have that option. Your pictures from your vacation look yummy + pretty (Garden of the Gods). Congrats to you for sticking with McDougalling while traveling + being such a wonderful example! :)

My weight for calculation = 0

I was able to get to Whole Foods yesterday + got a nice selection of Engine 2 Hummus', organic no-oil tortillas + some McDougal Right Foods lower sodium soup (cups + boxes) on sale. It's a blessing to have these on hand when you're really hungry +/or are short on time.

Hope everyone has a terrific week!
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby belcimo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:05 am

Yay! Got rid of holiday weight by eating on plan Wed & Thurs. Now 248.4 - down 8 lbs total - 88.4 to go! (Down 1.6 this week)
belcimo

Postby galooop » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:49 am

LOST .6 LB
I'll take it!

So grateful to Dr. & Mary McDougall...

:-) Chris
galooop

Postby scialabba » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:09 am

I'm just joining this group. I've been an on again off again Mcdougaler for 10 years. I still have the stubborn 8 pounds to loose. I'll weigh today and then again next Friday. I am on vacation for 2 weeks so finding a scale may be hard so I may have to weigh in until then. BUT I am still going to follow the program
D
scialabba

Postby Yomom » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:34 am

I am down two pounds, back to 150#.
Yomom

Postby bmccloud » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:45 am

No change.

bmccloud

Postby Qwerty988 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:51 am

Happy Friday everyone! :-D

Back on track and feeling great! I'm still weighing every other weeks, so fingers crossed for awesome results next week...

This week, guess I'll go down as 0 loss/gain. ;)

Welcome to you newcomers and have a great week all!
Qwerty988

Postby Silver » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi,

I am down 6.6 pounds. Probably mostly water weight since this is my first week, but I'll take it!
Silver

Postby sarabee » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello, Amanda. Will you please add my name to the July group and start my weight at 0. Tonight I'm planning ahead for the week's food and hope that signing on here will give me some accountability. I am a great procrastinator!
sarabee

Postby amandamechele » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:27 am

scialabba - Hi and Welcome! You are in the correct place for the weigh-in. With regards to the posting notifications go to the top left of this screen and click on User ControlPanel: Board Preferences: Edit Posting Defaults. That should take you to the post preference settings. I hope we can help support you while you get those 8 pounds off. :)

Sue - Great job hitting your first goal! Woot woot!
Jeff has a lot of great information to help you decide if you want to continue to lose weight and what would be an appropriate amount based on numerous studies. Check out Optimum BMI and also Optimum BMI - redux.
Your garden sounds lovely, and quite big based on the number of differing types of food you are growing. Thank you so much for the recipe. Best wishes this week.

Mom+me - Thank you. I completely know where you are coming from. It has taken me many years to get to the stage of being on plan more consistently than it....and that's just with the regular program. We are all works in progress! This road trip allowed me access to all of the American stores and products that many of you have access to, and I have to say that I am jealous! You have many darn good options for oil-free products that we don't have in Canada. I'm so glad to hear that you have gotten off to a good start, have a terrific week as well.

Belinda - Great loss this week. Little by little you will get there. XO

Chris - Every bit counts, congratulations. I agree with you, I think my life would be very different right now if it weren't for the work of the McDougalls, and Jeff Novick and Doug Lisle. Very grateful!

Kathy - Yay! Good luck this week.

BMcCloud - Thanks for checking in. Best wishes for the week.

Qwerty988 - I'm glad to hear that you're back on track. It feels soooo much better when you're not stuck in the Pleasure Trap (constant cravings). My fingers are crossed for you too! But, you can do this!

Silver - Yes! Definitely take it. It is proof that you've done well this week. Keep up the good work.

sarabee - I am happy to add you to our list. Welcome! Hopefully this will be just the nudge you need to get this ball rolling. I understand procrastination. Are you familiar with Dr Lisle's work? He is the staff psychologist at the McDougall Wellness Program and coauthor of The Pleasure Trap. Here is what he has to say about procrastination: Two Reasons Why We Procrastinate and Fixing Your Procrastination. Additionally here is a webinar with Mary McDougall called Meal Planning Made Easy. Maybe it can help get you started. Let us know if you have any questions. This group has a lot of experienced McDougallers in it.
amandamechele

Postby Svenja » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:37 am

Hello everyone!

I wasn't here last week but this week I have to report a gain of 2 lbs :(

But on the positive side ... I passed my senior-body worker-degree last week :D
We had a wonderful celebration afterwards.

And I had a celebration for opening my new little practice ... a lot of clients came and it was very encouraging!

The few days afterwards I was sick :duh: but this happens to me after a very stressful time.

I was so happy that I had a week where I could take all my work overtime and be stay at home.
Apart from studying for a medical exam in 3 month time .... I didn't do anything ... it was fantastic :)

Have a great week everyone!
Svenja.
03.03.17 = 245 lbs
Svenja

Postby LadyM » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:30 am

Good morning everyone:

I hope everyone had a great week. Welcome, welcome, welcome to all the new peeps to the boards.

I am down 1 lb. this week. I am happy with the loss as I am starting to bring back some foods (more in line with the regular McDougall plan) like bread. I had a couple of tomato sandwiches this week and I was in heaven. My biggest fear is I will enjoy the foods soooooo much I will lose control. This 70 year old granny has the appetite of a lumberjack and can put away a lot of food if I don't watch it. :unibrow:

Hope everyone has a wonderful MWL week.

LadyM
(Dee)
LadyM

Postby darcin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:32 am

I'm new here. I joined for accountability. I'm 55 years old 5ft and weigh 158 and borderline diabetic. I used to maintain at about 120 pounds but after 3 back surgeries and menopause hit I let myself go. I used to think that a low carb diet was the only way to lose weight and be healthy. I'm learning a lot now and am excited to learn that I can actually heal my body with the proper foods while also losing weight. A star mcdougaller introduced me to this plan and he is a living example of beating heart disease through a lifestyle change.
darcin

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program