What is going on?

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

What is going on?

Postby mem2 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:58 am

Good day to all, just dropping a note about myself. I am a 45 year old man. At the beginning of the year I decided that I better do something about my weight (285lbs) and discovered the McDougall plan. On Jan 20th I switched over to the healthy eating ways. The first couple of days were terrible with migraine headaches, screaming cravings, and a swimming through molasses type of feeling. Now with just over a week into this, I am feeling much better. I am working out daily and enjoying the food (I can't believe this). The concern I have is that I am now down 15lbs. I realize that lots of this is water loss from drinking the proper amount of water now, but the question is if I am eating all the food (three plus meals each day with snacks), is there a point where there is too much weight loss in one week? I am not feeling run down, have lots of energy and sleeping is becoming much better as well.
mem2

Postby LJ » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:00 am

Hi mem2! Congrats on your McD journey! I don't think its abnormal at all to have the weight dropping so quickly. The more overweight you are, the faster it will come off. The closer you get to your body's ideal weight, the slower it will come off. I wouldn't worry about it at all as long as you're eating enough food and feeling good. My hubby was 251 on 1/2/08 and is now down to 228 as of 1/30/08....23 lbs in 28 days. Although, it is starting to slow for him. He's not even a faithful McDougaller....yet. :wink: By the way, men do tend to drop weight faster than women.

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Postby Autumn » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:10 pm

Welcome :) I dont think its a problem at all. I dropped alot of weight too in the beginning at once. It did make me nervous but I found alot of it was water weight and it helped me come off my blood pressure pills. Congratulations on the weight loss!

I was not anyway near a vegetarian before so it completely shocked me how easy it was to change over.
Autumn

How are you doing?

Postby auntemmy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:27 am

Hey mem2, how is it going for you?
~Emmy

What's taters, precious?
Po-ta-toes? Boil 'em. mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew?
auntemmy

Postby PKM » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:02 am

My first thoughts are, lucky b*stard. Snicker, snicker (not meant as disrespect).

I wish I could drop those kind of LBs.

Sounds like you feel well, so keep doing, what you are doing! Isn’t it GREAT!
PKM

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program