I know you don't know me...

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

I know you don't know me...

Postby janetc » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:07 pm

I've been lurking for a bit - posting here and there. I guess I should introduce myself.

My name is Janet, and I'm a 46-year-old, 4'll", 180 lb woman. I've been vegan since the beginning of the year, but was vegetarian before that.

A friend of mine suggested the 12-day plan to cement my veganism and to learn to be a healthy vegan, not a junk-food one! So.... tomorrow is the day I begin the MWL!

I'm rather nervous, so if I seem needy or insecure, let me apologize in advance! I have really enjoyed reading about all the positive results thus far, and hopefully, I will have equal success!
janetc

Welcome!

Postby PKM » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:15 pm

I've been off and on myself. I'm 100 percent MWL today, and plan to have a 100 percent tomorrow as well, I'm taking this a day at a time.....

Here's to many days in a row for the both of us!

BTW- I'm 43

Good Luck!

Paula
PKM

Postby LJ » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:07 am

Welcome Janet! Everyone here is wonderful!! I've learned the hard way that I need support on this journey and I find it right here on these boards. When I stop lurking/posting...is when I tend to fall off the wagon. So, lets all stick together and DO IT!!! (I should say..LIVE IT)

"The food you put into your body is the single most powerful factor that determines your health and well being." Dr. John A. McDougall, MD
LJ

Postby janetc » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 pm

Thank you both for your support. I'm going to need it.

LJ, how long have you been on the program?
janetc

Postby Autumn » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:07 pm

Welcome to the boards, Posting here does help tremendously for me. If I dont post if I get busy I have a tendency to go back to the refined vegetarian foods instead of sticking more to the mwl plan.

Dont apologize about being needy :) Im a new vegetarian for about 8 months so this is a new ball park to me still and I still ask many questions :)
Autumn

Postby halloween13 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:02 am

Welcome!!

I am pretty similar to you. I am a little taller but I weigh a little more. I was veg for 9 years before starting McDougall on 1/1/08 and going vegan. :)
halloween13

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program