DECEMBER 2015 McDougall Weigh in Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

DECEMBER 2015 McDougall Weigh in Group

Postby Debbie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:59 pm

Figured I'd better start this now, so I dont forget.

As of tomorrow, there are just 33 days left in 2015!!

There are 4 weigh in days for December. The 4th, 11th, 18th and the 25th. Seeing that is Christmas, lets make it the 24th AND the 26th and I'll post the 27th, which is a Sunday. You are certainly welcome to post on the Friday if you choose...

From Jeff Novick.....

For the newcomer, I collated this from some earlier threads....

Here is a refresher on some guidelines for posting here and participating in our monthly weigh-in thread.

Our weigh in's are on Fridays and you have until 12 PM PST on Saturday to report.

Anyone is welcome to join the weekly weigh in group as long as they follow the McDougall principles. While we recommend the Maximum Weight Loss (MWL) plan, it can be any one of the McDougall program including the MWL plan, the regular McDougall plan, or Mary's Mini's, the Elimination Diet or any of the McDougall plans.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum on the guidelines for the MWL program.

In order to tally the results please submit your results by posting the total pounds you have lost or gained that week. You don't have to share your total weight if you'd rather keep that to yourself. This is an honor system so we take the gain, loss or maintain you give us in order to tally.

If you are a new member and would like to join but don't have a weight to be counted for the week then you will be counted either as a body with a zero starting weight, or when you check in for the weekly weigh in the following week. Large amounts of weight lost over a period of months or weeks, prior to joining the weekly weigh in group, will not be counted towards the weekly total.

If you measure your weight in something other than pounds please convert the measurement to pounds.

All gains will be counted towards the total to encourage weekly participation. Posting is encouraged whether it's a gain, a loss, or a maintain.

You are welcome to share as little or as much as you want on your weight loss journey here in this thread. We encourage members of the group to talk to each other, cheer each other on and set goals together.

This thread is for the mutual support of all who wish to participate.

See you all this Friday and Saturday!"
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Re: DECEMBER 2015 McDougall Weigh in Group

Postby rachaelrei » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:14 am

I'm in!! I lost 6 lbs last month and hope to keep it up in December. :-)

rachaelrei

Postby ljones33971 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:50 am

Hello,
I am new to group and want to be part of the challenge.

Linda
ljones33971

Postby jrw1916 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:52 pm

Where do I sign up?
jrw1916

Postby Pennychap » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:24 am

Today is my first weigh in. On Thanksgiving I weighed myself at 176 lbs. Today I was 175. So 1 pound loss for me this week.
Pennychap

Postby Jeepsterhound » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:52 am

I stayed the same this week.
Jeepsterhound

Postby veliboic » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:16 am

Down 1 pound (140.5)
veliboic

Postby memkat » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:31 am

I stayed the same this week, although was down 0.5 two days ago. :\

Kathleen
memkat

Postby lmggallagher » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:06 am

Maximum Weight Loss Weigh-ins

Nov. 20, 2015 - 247.6
Nov. 28, 2015 - 246.8
Dec. 04, 2015 - 247.0

Gained- 0.2 lbs

This week was a mess and I never got a purchase on any kind of normalcy. I had a mysteriously sick cat that I was up day and night with since last Sunday and the vet could not diagnose until the end of the week. We couldn't get full labs for him and had to pre-treat on hunches not data. Luckily the vets guesses panned out before the labs were available and the cat is doing fine now - but after a week of very little sleep and no time for myself things really derailed with MWL.

This underlines the need for me to have food ready to eat and frozen ahead of time. Today and tomorrow I will dedicate to housecleaning and cooking up a storm and see how far I can get towards a goal of "prepared for all eventualities" ;-)
lmggallagher

Postby Desir9 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:22 pm

My weigh as of today DEC 04 is

125,6 pounds!

wish me luck :)
Will power is a muscle
Desir9

Postby Tatjana » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:36 am

Hi!

I'm in too :-D , but I don't know how much I lost/gained last week.

Yesterday morning's weight was 206,8.
Tatjana

Postby OOnaOwl » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:08 am

I have lost zero weight AGAIN. Since I have returned to this WOE more than a month ago I have lost nothing. Also no inches lost. I am not giving up! I am upping my raw foods intake & also going to doctor about my hormones next week. I will find a way to regain my shape!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAKnwyn/]

"Fall down seven times, stand up eight" -Japanese proverb
OOnaOwl

Postby rachaelrei » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:16 pm

I lost just .5 lbs this week! Hopefully I will have a better week next week but I have to travel for work...dun dun dun. :lol:
rachaelrei

Postby frozenveg » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:21 pm

I stayed the same this week. 0 lost, 0 gained. I haven't been at a scale on he last 2 Friday mornings, so I'm going by what I weighed today.

Hi to all the newbies! What you do is, in this thread, post any loss or gain form the previous week, on Friday at some point, or Saturday if you can get it in before Debbie does the tally. So there's no other "sign up." What you is list your pounds lost or pounds gained, to make it easier for Debbie to put the tally together. If you like, you can also list your previous weight and current weight, but please don't make Debbie do the math!! List a number in pounds for her!

FYI: You can receive email notification when there is a posting to this thread (topic) two ways: the first is to check the box at the bottom of your post (while you are creating it) that says "Notify me when a reply is posted." The second is to Subscribe to the topic thread itself. At the very bottom of a particular topic (such as the one we are in right now, you can see a little checked box that says, "Subscribe Topic." Click on the words (not the check box), and you will have subscribed to the topic.

And there is a new "Weigh-in Group" topic for each month, so in January look for the new topic!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby frozenveg » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:25 pm

lmggallagher wrote:This underlines the need for me to have food ready to eat and frozen ahead of time. Today and tomorrow I will dedicate to housecleaning and cooking up a storm and see how far I can get towards a goal of "prepared for all eventualities" ;-)

Laura, this might be interesting to you. Dr. M tweeted a link to this Doug Lisle article about stress management, which I hadn't seen before, and thought was very interesting. Having a buffer zone as means of reducing stress--it's just what you were saying about being prepared!

http://www.healthpromoting.com/learning ... management
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program