MWL Holiday Challenge Results

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

MWL Holiday Challenge Results

Postby limberone » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:37 am

Hello everyone!

Here are the final results for my husband and me.

We followed MWL starting on 23 November 2007 through 23 December 2007 this year.

He lost 18 pounds and did not measure inches.

I measured pounds and inches.

I lost 10 pounds and five inches (one inch from chest, one inch from waist, one inch from hips, a half inch from each thigh, and a half inch from each bicep). I haven't been this small in over four years, so I am especially delighted. It's so rewarding to go shopping and to find the clothing sizes I usually try on are just too big now.

MWL works, and it works fast! We ate lots of sweet potatoes, white potatoes, spaghetti squash, rice, beans, veggies and up to two fruits each day. We both feel great, and at the same time, we are both really missing bread, pasta, desserts, wine, etc.!

Please let us know how your MWL progress is going.

Thank you to everyone for following along with me during the Holiday Challenge this year!
limberone

Woo Hoo 4 U

Postby Rita » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:02 am

Glad to hear the good news. Wishing you both continued success in your journey. Are you going to continue on a challenge?
Rita

Wow! Congratulations nt

Postby figpiglet » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:30 am

no text
figpiglet

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:23 pm

I was wondering how you made out. I wasn't online much through the holidays. Way to go. I bet your husband is really happy. We only wish we could drop 18 in a month. but your results is out of this world too.

You should be proud you did it through the toughest time of the year.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Thank you!

Postby limberone » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:57 pm

Faith,

Thank you~! I know what you mean -- men always lose faster. But I am Ok with that, because I really feel like a learned a lot, and I also feel like I am starting the new year on the right track. Even though I am not following MWL at this time, I have the MWL principles in mind as I am preparing meals. After a few weeks of strict MWL, DH was complaining about being sick of soup! So what am I doing now but still making soup! But it's the winter, so soup is usually OK during the winter. But I can tell that he is happier now, as the vegan muffins/cornbread that we eat with the soup now make him a lot happier. And now he can have all the chocolate and Cherry Coke he wants now, too, but I am staying away from those, as they are big triggers for me.

Happy New Year to you!
limberone

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program