DECEMBER 2014 McDougall Weigh In Group

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

DECEMBER 2014 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby Debbie » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Alright, here it is, the very last month of 2014! 30 days to make count towards the new year and all the health goals we all set for it. Yes, December has 31 days, but I am counting all but the holiDAY. One day. Maybe you dont eat off plan for it at all. Maybe its more calorie dense than normal, like adding bread or higher fat plant foods. Maybe its mostly on plan with a 1 or a couple off plan items. Maybe its off plan altogether. Whatever "way" one chooses to celebrate, remembering that it is ONE day is key.

Weigh in days for December are the 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th.

What are *your* goals for this month? My goal is to eat on plan every single day, including the holiDAY. My hope is, if I can go 23 days (family gets together on Christmas eve, so the 24th will my the day I'd struggle with) without eating anything off plan then I will reach the 24th and not want to even risk it. In my journal, I recounted partially what set me off. I was *mostly* on plan....but I did have a few things that werent. I dont want to have my holiDAY be mostly anything. I want it to be all the way.

Weighing in, is only one marker of my health progress I am tracking. My main goal is to be healthy. My joints, my heart, my butt....all of it I want healthy.
"It's the food" It's always been the food.
Debbie

Re: DECEMBER 2014 McDougall Weigh In Group

Postby Kast » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:50 pm

Ok, I'm in! Ready to focus on the month ahead. I have never really followed this program for more than a few days. I love the simplicity of MWL! No measuring, counting or stressing about portions. As long as I follow the guidelines, the rest should fall into place. Hope so anyway.

There will be some challenges ahead, a few holiday parties this month, but I plan to stay focused and avoid temptations. Glad to be here. :-D
kast
Kast

Postby auggie7 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:37 am

Would like to join also man this month is hard I already gained wiehgt :crybaby: its gonna be tough
auggie7

Postby Potatoyogini » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:41 am

I'm in too! First time posting. I have already gained 5 lbs. since Nov. too! :eek: Probably some water weight since I consumed a lot of salt lately. I want to lose 15 overall and finally stick with this once and for all!!
Potatoyogini

Postby Tina Girton » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 am

Hello! I would love to join this December weight loss group. I have about 50 lbs to lose and I want to start 2015 off with some success!
My goal is to eat on plan daily with the exception of maybe Christmas Day.

My biggest problem is oils, not when I cook at home, but out to eat. I haven't really found a salad dressing that I like that doesn't have oil in it. My 2nd biggest problem is sugar! UGH! LOL! My husband eats the SAD so the house is full of candy and chips. I know others who have had the same situation and have succeeded and so will I! :)
Tina Girton

Postby westieluv » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:05 am

I would like to join too please, this is my first time posting.
I would like to lose weight rather than have the usual December gain.
But my main goal is to become healthy on the inside and lose the belly fat I have accumulated from a very stressful year, the belly fat is my main target as I know this is a big health issule!
I went plant based in June this year but I am still having trouble with completely removing oils and vegan junk/ cheese and spreads, I went cold turkey on sugar and I am pleased to say that is no longer an issue for me :-)
I look forward to getting to know you all.
westieluv

Postby Starchyme » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:21 am

Thanks for starting the thread. I'm in!
Happy McDougalling!
Starchyme

Postby Adele511 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:29 am

I think this is exactly what I need to finally follow the program 100%. Thank you for starting it. :-D
Adele511

Postby Kober » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:50 am

I would like to join. Finally found a plan that I feel good on!
Want to lose about 50lbs.
Kober

Postby eLLenMaggie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:49 am

My husband and I have been trying to follow Dr. McDougall's guidelines for many years. As a result I believe we have become very comfortable eating plant based. We do not buy meat, fish, dairy, eggs or oil. That is not to say that we didn't have a typical Thanksgiving dinner (the turkey was tiny this year!) and I sent the leftovers home with whoever wanted them. Now back to eating sanely. My reason for wanting to join this group is to finally adhere to the guidelines completely. Using the month of December is a real test for me what with all the goodies people bring by. I am really looking forward to the challenge! We will be hosting Christmas dinner for non-vegan daughter and her boyfriend so there might be some sort of detour unless they come up with suggestions otherwise. Currently they informed us that they were trying to avoid carbs! Weight wise, I will be happy with losing 2 or 3 pounds over the month. I am pretty close to my ideal weight, thanks to Dr. McDougall and his books. We have read all of them!
eLLenMaggie

Postby Charlottew » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:58 am

I am in again.
Charlottew

Postby rickfm » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:14 am

Bleh... was too depressed to even bother weighing myself for the last week in Nov. Looking forward to a new month.

I'll be back on Friday.
~Rick

Mmmm.... cabbage!
Keeping it Simple
rickfm

Postby kelly3524 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:43 am

I would like to join the December weigh in group as well. My husband and I officially became vegan last Feb. after a medical scare and are working to transition our 3 year old to the plan. We did like many people do and initially substituted fake meats and fake butter for our regular meals and while we both have had substantial decreases in our cholesterol, I still have been unable to lose weight. I only recently found the starch solution and started following the plan last week. Our first vegan Thanskgiving was also oil free, which was a big change for us. We are committed to switching our child to a plant based way of life and continuing our journey to get healthy. We love the plan and find it easy to follow. Looking forward to getting my health back on track and creating healthy habits for our little one.
kelly3524

Postby morgansmom1 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm in! I have done the McDougall plan before and felt amazing but eventually got complacent and went back to eating a fairly healthy version of the SAD diet. As I have hit my middle 40's I have found it harder and harder to keep on track and my weight has crept up. I need to lose 30 lbs. and I am tired of feeling sluggish and my clothes feeling tight. Also, I am reaching an age where my health is becoming more and more important to me. So I am excited to be here and looking forward to the month. :D
morgansmom1

Postby masterwizard77 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Me and my wife would love to join this, I myself have been vegan for about 17 months and still need to lose some weight, my wife is eating a normal standard diet.

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
masterwizard77

Next

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program