Goodbye cellulite!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Goodbye cellulite!

Postby vegandelite » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:13 am

Hello everyone,

I have been toying with veganism/McDougalling for the last year and finally, during these exam times I decided to take the plunge. I have also decided to start running 5 mornings/week. I have gained a lot of inspiration from this forum as well as star McDougallers and I just wanted to share with you the changes I have noticed in case there is any one else lurking, wondering if this lifestyle is for real and if the results are for everyone.

I have gained and lost the same 15 kg (~33 pounds I think?) four times in the last four years. To say the least, I have quite a bit of experience with gaining and losing weight..and it's always taken time in the past.. So I was really surprised at how QUICK the results have been this time round, as well as how easy! Within the first week I lost 2.7 kg (~6 pounds). I have now finished my second week and though I have lost no further weight, I have noticed big changes in my body.

Most noticeably, no matter how much weight I lost in the past I have never noticed the cellulite decrease on my legs.. but this time.. it's almost gone!!!! Of course there's still fat to get rid of, but my legs are changing shape - they're smaller and now there's more muscle in my arms and legs.

I was never a sporty person when I was young - I was always the child bringing a "sick note" to phys-ed. Last week when I first started my "running", I jogged 1.5 km (~1 mile) and it was quite a bit of a struggle - mind over matter sort of thing. Now I'm running 5 km (~3 miles) and I could go further without too much fuss. I am feeling great!

Thank you Dr. and Mary McDougall, TC Campbell and everyone on the forum for all your inspiration. I can't believe I've been in the dark for so long!

Wishing you all great health :)

PS sorry for the long rambling, but really I just wanted to say, if you're in doubt, it works.. it really works, and you won't be hungry or tired - you'll be feeling brilliant!
vegandelite

congratulations

Postby Caroveggie » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:10 pm

Good to hear of your success. Have you thought about posting or copying this post into the testimonials/success section? Might be more visible and more people can be inspired by you, as I am. I'm sure things will continue to improve for you.
Caroveggie

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program