APRIL '09-MWL-"ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby slugmom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:30 am

The good (and official) news - I am down 1.2 lbs from last week, so not too bad for my first week.

The somewhat discouraging part is that on Monday I was actually down another .6 lbs, and was hoping to keep going DOWN since then, rather than bounce back up a bit.

BUT I'm keeping my wits about me and remembering that, if I'm sticking to the plan, it will come off, slow and steady, so I'm pleased - and 1.2 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. What's more, I'm really down ~3 lbs from where I settled post-baby (if you can say a slow, steady gaining is settled ... I guess I should say my recent high plateau) ... so I'm happy about that.

Actually I think it's good that I have parked here this week, rather than lost more, because it's encouraged me to really stick to the MWL plan and not dive into all kinds of flour products and fudging. :) - My tendency is to think "I have room to be less strict!" so I'm glad for the motivation to be strict.
- Kim

slugmom

Postby catherine1305 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:35 am

That works for me Thanks!!

Cathy :-D
catherine1305

Postby Faith in DC » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:16 am

HealthE1 - that is what I do, I weigh in on Sunday and just remember what I've done and report it here the following Thursday. I don't like getting on the scale more than once a week, though I do sometimes check.

Terry in FL - My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I stayed even this week. After being sick last week, this week I've been eating like crazy. All good food, but man am I putting it away. Nothing like craving a salad.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby txveggie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:37 am

I'm down another 1.25 pounds and am happy about that. I went to my yoga class this morning and hope to get a good walk in this afternoon. :)
txveggie

Postby MelissaB » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm down another 2 lbs this week!

April 16, 2009 -2.0
April 9, 2009 -1.4
MelissaB

Postby beanie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi,
This is my first week and I'm just getting organized, getting my head back on straight about what I should and shouldn't eat and setting some goals.
I thought I'd report my first weigh in. I've determined my goal weight and got myself one of those ticker things. I think it's reasonable for me to lose about 30 pounds so I'm going to go for it!
So, I don't have a loss to report since this is my first week, but the can report about my eating and exercising.
Eating is going well, no slip-ups except for some avocado and no major mess-ups.
Exercise could increase a bit. It's been rainy and chilly and my motivation to get out and run has been low. Today is sunny so I'm headed out for a while tonight.
I hope you're all well and the scales are being kind to you today.

I'm actually looking forward to reporting a loss for next week. I'm going to work hard to make it happen!

beanie

Finally able to post

Postby ZenJen » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:30 pm

I haven't had time to completely look through the thread, hope everyone is doing well! I haven't posted because I've had some back issues and couldn't handle being at the computer any more than the 40 hrs a week at work. My eating hasn't been great either, but I have lost 2 lbs in the last week. Was hoping for more since there was no change the week before, but it's something! The back is still killing me, but it's a little better. I'm hoping I can get back on track and maybe post once in awhile as well.

I've got my potatoes and carrots roasting in the oven right now!
ZenJen

Postby marlie » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:43 pm

I'm up in weight.. I'm up to 133.
I'm hoping its just my body not wanting me to lose the weight since I'm now walking again.
I'm walking for about 45-55 minutes now on the treadmill. Towards the end of my time, I'm feeling so great that I even run for a minute. That's pretty good for someone who's always hated running. For some reason it feels really nice to run on the treadmill. After a few weeks, I may up my running by a few minutes.lol
marlie

Postby cowgirrlup » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:56 pm

I have been on plan all day, but ate some huge amounts of food..its all MWL, but my gosh, I have been really hungry today.

I am hoping it will even out tomorrow and I won't end up eating 5 pounds of potatoes in one day. :lol:

Lots of errands to do tomorrow, so I'll be packing my baked potatoes along for the ride.

WE can do this!
I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long.

The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.
cowgirrlup

Thurs weigh in

Postby Riva » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Down 2 pounds.
Tax season over! I made it.
Cheers me to see Letha posting a bit again.
Good luck to everyone for a good week coming up.
Refuse to participate in your own destruction.
Riva
Riva

Postby cowgirrlup » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:03 pm

beanie wrote:Hi,
This is my first week and I'm just getting organized, getting my head back on straight about what I should and shouldn't eat and setting some goals.
I thought I'd report my first weigh in. I've determined my goal weight and got myself one of those ticker things. I think it's reasonable for me to lose about 30 pounds so I'm going to go for it!
So, I don't have a loss to report since this is my first week, but the can report about my eating and exercising.
Eating is going well, no slip-ups except for some avocado and no major mess-ups.
Exercise could increase a bit. It's been rainy and chilly and my motivation to get out and run has been low. Today is sunny so I'm headed out for a while tonight.
I hope you're all well and the scales are being kind to you today.

I'm actually looking forward to reporting a loss for next week. I'm going to work hard to make it happen!

I really, really miss avocado. :cry:
I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long.

The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.
cowgirrlup

Woo hoo!

Postby MaryW » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:20 pm

I'm not a zero this week! I actually lost FIVE pounds! I can't believe it. I think something must be wrong with my scales. I have a bad habit of jumping on the scales all the time. It's been inching down all week, but suddenly I seem to have somehow lost 2 pounds overnight. How does that happen?

I had a morning meeting across town today. I worked late at my second job last night so I only had about 4 hours of sleep. : ( But did I use that as an excuse to buy a muffin? NO! I put my sweet potato beginnings in some Gladware and headed out the door. Yes, eating on the interstate (with a fork no less!) is dangerous, but so is Dunkin Donuts! I arrived at the meeting full of my warm tasty breakfast, so I was not at all tempted by the juice and donuts they served. I was VERY happy about that! Plus I stopped by a health food store on the way home and FINALLY got some nutritional yeast! And some other tasty things including a big bottle of Braggs and rolled wheat flakes. : )

Terry, I'm sorry to hear about your mother. And I hope your husband is recovering well after his surgery. It's easy to forget about yourself when you are caring for lots of other people. Take care of yourself this week.
MaryW

Postby catherine1305 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:00 am

Good Morning all:

What good results being a beginner I would probably want to see results fast but I know my body is not cooperating at this time.

I have a few health issues nothing to write home about but I'm hoping this helps get rid of a few.

Keep moving!
Cathy :-D
Cathy
Start March 2007

catherine1305

Postby Letha. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:09 am

April 09 MWL Group
Weekly Weigh-In Results

Total group loss reported in 2009: 556.3 pounds

Total group loss reported in April 2009: 73.85 pounds
Week ending 04/16/09: 20 participants reported a total loss of 27.95 pounds
Week ending 04/09/09: 18 participants reported a total loss of 25.0 pounds
Week ending 04/02/09: 23 participants reported a total loss of 20.9 pounds

Participants reporting for week ending 04/16/09. If you reported a gain I listed you as zero lost.

Please post any additions or corrections sometime today and I’ll update the results this evening or tomorrow morning.

Beanie: 0
Catherine1305: 0
Cynthiak: 0
Faith in DC: 0
HealthE1: 0
LauraA: 0
Mairead11: 0
Marlie: 0
Felini: 0.6
Cowgirrlup: 1
Slugmom: 1.2
Txveggie: 1.25
Topview1: 1.5
Terry in FL: 1.6
MelissaB: 2
Riva: 2
ZenJen: 2
Letha.: 4.4
MaryW: 5
Txjack: 5.4
Total: 27.95

====================================

Total group loss reported in March 2009: 109.7
Week ending 03/26/09: 21 participants reported a total loss of 27.4 pounds
Week ending 03/19/09: 22 participants reported a total loss of 18.6 pounds
Week ending 03/12/09: 28 participants reported a total loss of 37.1 pounds
Week ending 03/05/09: 31 participants reported a total loss of 26.6 pounds

Total group loss reported in February 09 is 129.95 pounds
Week ending 02/26/09: 24 participants reported a total loss of 18.8 pounds
Week ending 02/19/09: 30 participants reported a total loss of 45.45 pounds
Week ending 02/12/09: 27 participants reported a total loss of 28.6 pounds
Week ending 02/05/09: 30 participants reported a total loss of 37.1 pounds

Total group loss reported in January 09 is 238.8
Week ending 01/30/09: 26 participants reported a total loss of 35.0 pounds
Week ending 01/22/09: 30 participants reported a total loss of 44.9 pounds
Week ending 01/15/09: 28 participants reported a total loss of 54.6 pounds
Week ending 01/08/09: 31 participants reported a total loss of 104.3 pounds

Total Lost in December 08 = 68.26 reported for the group
Week ending January 1, 2008 – 4 participants: 8.2 pounds lost
Week ending December 25th, 2008 - 5 participants: 6.96 pounds lost
Week ending December 18, 2008- 6 participants: 9.6 pounds lost
Week ending December 11, 2008 - 10 participants: 16.5 pounds lost
Week ending December 4, 2008 - 12 participants: 27 pounds lost
Letha.

Postby Letha. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:24 am

Congratulations to our biggest losers this week. MaryW (-5) & Txjack (-5.4) . Txjack is really on a roll. Care to share any tips with the rest of us??? :)
==============

I’m checking in. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. Its day 7 of my elimination/challenge diet. I think I can make it another week on the initial phase. The first thing I’m going to test is onions, then garlic, then ginger because I need to add some flavor back into my food! Until then it’s potatoes, brown rice, fruit, veggies and NO SALT or other seasonings. It is sooooo boring. :cool:
Letha
Last edited by Letha. on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Letha.

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program