APRIL '09-MWL-"ON PLAN, PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby Bambie113 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:43 am

I'm a day late on posting my workouts but I wanted to post it because I slacked last week and I want to have to write down what I'm doing, Thursday I took a 1hr "Body Attack" class, high cardio; and then Sunday I climbed Little Si a small mountain in washington, 5 miles round trip. Thats it! More to come this week! Have a wonderful Monday everyone!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby Letha. » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 am

Checking in. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I’m gonna get my exercise done before lunchtime today. Here’s my menu for the day. Hope everyone is starting their week with a hearty McDougall breakfast. :)
Letha

Breakfast: Zucchini Oats with Blueberries and a spoonful of Brown Sugar
Lunch: Caribbean Vegetable Stew over Brown Rice
Dinner: BBQ Portobello Mushroom + Sweet Rice with Peas & Onions (New recipes from the Esselstyn book)
Snacks: Watermelon, More Stew & Rice
Beverages: Water, Unsweetened Herb Tea
Letha.

Postby txveggie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:03 am

We have been walking most days and I am going to sign up for a yoga class this week. I am a little nervous about this as it will be my first and I hope I am not the largest person in the class. :oops:

I did well with my food this weekend and am down a little already. :)
txveggie

Postby mairead11 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:22 am

Bambie113 wrote:I'm a day late on posting my workouts but I wanted to post it because I slacked last week and I want to have to write down what I'm doing, Thursday I took a 1hr "Body Attack" class, high cardio; and then Sunday I climbed Little Si a small mountain in washington, 5 miles round trip. Thats it! More to come this week! Have a wonderful Monday everyone!!

Bambie—I LOVE BodyAttack too! What a fantastic workout! Burns almost 600 calories for me, so an hour well spent!
:-D Mairead
mairead11

Postby Bambie113 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:48 am

Mairead11, you have less mills classes at your gym?! Don't you love them?! My all time favorite is Body Combat (the mixed martial arts) but I actually went for a 3 day training program to teach Body Pump (the weight lifting one), I passed 5/5 but then I was volunteering, going to school and working full time so it didn't work out. Whats your favorite class??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTiqtcQ/]
[/url]
Bambie113

Postby LauraA » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:56 am

luvdachiess wrote:Exercise report =)

I am proud to announce that I finally did 6 days or walking for 1 hour each of the days. =) I have been trying to get back into it and this week with my niece here we did it. So goal next week - to do the same and maybe add in a little strength training.

That's great, Luvdachiess!! I'm doing 6 times per week consistently now, but I'm usually doing between 30 and 45 minutes. I'd like to get up to an hour a day. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby LauraA » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:01 am

Letha- I really want to grow herbs too! I can't start any now, because I'm going on a month long trip next week. Let me know how much attention they need. I seems to waste a lot of expensive herbs. I'll use some, and then not use up the package in time. Take care, Laura
PS Was your guacamole really that green? Looks very bright!!
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

Postby cowgirrlup » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:55 am

I had the zucchini oatmeal for breakfast and I will have a baked potato with salad for lunch...dunno about dinner yet as I have to pick up my mom and she may want to go out to eat.

I can deal with that as her favorite place has a very MWL friendly salad bar and I can bring my own 3 2 1 dressing.

WE can do this. :D
I have bursts of being a lady, but it doesn't last long.

The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating.
cowgirrlup

Postby CarolWL » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm off again to see Mom, meet with the insurance company, and talk to her drs, so I'll be gone for 3 days and may not make the Thursday weigh-in.

Just for the record, I've lost the lbs I gained at Mom's last week and am now down to 195! Yayyyyy!!!! It probably won't stay there since I have to return to the most un-McDougall place on earth, but I just needed to tell you anyway!!! (Yes, I'm taking food, but I rarely have time to cook it out there.)

Have a good week, everyone.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNgIKbt/]
[/url]
CarolWL

Postby mairead11 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:03 pm

Bambie113 wrote:Mairead11, you have less mills classes at your gym?! Don't you love them?! My all time favorite is Body Combat (the mixed martial arts) but I actually went for a 3 day training program to teach Body Pump (the weight lifting one), I passed 5/5 but then I was volunteering, going to school and working full time so it didn't work out. Whats your favorite class??

Hey Bambie—I'm a dork when it comes to Les Mills! I love them all. BodyAttack is my fav. Then BodyCombat. BodyFlow. RPM. BodyPump I have to get back into, I stopped for the last 8 months, but want to work it back into my week—I would do BodyPump before another class, but the schedule had changed, so that doesn't work out for me anymore. I'm impressed you took the training—that's awesome! I've not had the nerve to try BodyJam yet! Haa—not sure if I'm coordinated enought and I'm not so sure I should be shaking this ass like that!! :D

Is anyone attending the upcoming McD 10-day program? I'd love to go, but timing isn't right. Wondering if anyone is looking forward to it. I would LOVE that inspiration [it's a dreary day here and thoughts of summer and "happy places" are stealing my dreams these days!].

Today, I'm on plan, and planning on staying that way!
Mairead :-D
mairead11

Postby luvdachiess » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Thank you Laura! I just got back from my walk today. I did it late, because I am back at work this week. Last week I was off taking care of my new Grandson. But I plan to stick with the exercise. I tend to have trouble with eating on the weekends. If I could keep that at 100% I think I would be dropping a lot more weight. I am 100% during the week and then the weekends are to much fat! =(
Teresa
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHMutQn/]
[/url]
luvdachiess

Postby MaryW » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:45 pm

Well, today didn't start off too bad. I had shredded wheat with soy milk for breakfast. It's not MWL but still McDougall, and I have a TON of cereal that I need to use up. Whenever I see low-fat, high-fiber cereal on sale, I have to buy it. Don't ask me why.

Lunch was a bit trickier. The break room at work had been commandeered, so instead of having the black beans and tomatoes and green salad that I had planned, I had to go out unexpectedly. I went to Subway and got a footlong veggie sub on wheat. Lots of veggies, NO cheese, high fiber (although not whole wheat) bread. Not too bad. I had planned to have a baked potato and salad when I got home. But instead I found a bag of potato chips that I thought I had gotten rid of. And I ate the whole thing. : ( The only up side is that now the chips are gone and I can't eat any more. And I won't BUY any more!

So tomorrow is another day. Another chance to make healthy choices and positive changes. : )
MaryW

Postby topview1 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:42 am

ON plan and planning to stay that way.

New day, new start. I can't believe what a lack of sleep does to me. No wonder I had food issues through high school and college and babies! After two really late nights, I was an eating machine. All no fat, oil, animal products, but no stop. I had some serious sweet stuff in there, too. I hope a good nights sleep will restore my balance, because too much is too much. Like full, and keeping on eating...

Fit 10 today,
oatmeal and cherries
grapefruit
potatoes or rice with tons of veggies :)
tea break
more of lunch :)

I can do this. It is about healthy choices, not all or nothing :)
Melanie
McDougalling with 5 special somebodies
4 boys - 9,7,5,3

topview1

Postby Letha. » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:11 am

Checking in. I’m on plan and planning to stay that way. I got my exercise done before lunch yesterday and I plan to do that again today. I hope everyone is having a great week. :)
Letha
Letha.

Postby LauraA » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:07 am

Hi all - I'm doing well with my stricter plan. I'm on plan! I'm getting very excited about leaving for Australia to visit my son on Monday April 13. I'm going to be traveling for a total of one month (just one week in Australia) and I'm trying to only take one small carry on bag. I'm planning to take just 10 items of clothing (plus underwear, socks, night gown). Here's what I'll take - 3 pair of pants, 4 tee shirts, 3 tops/jackets. I'll let you know how it goes. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

Letha
LauraA

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program