Daily Menu of Awesomeness

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Daily Menu of Awesomeness

Postby AnnieMaim » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:56 pm

Back to eating food!

B - Sweet potato, agave nectar, cinnamon

S - Carrots & hummus

L - (Did not have time for the real lunch I had planned -- just had steamed broccoli)

D - Vindaloo curry - homemade with chopped veggies, rice noodles, TVP, and cooking sauce my friend makes called Spicemode. (It does contain trace amounts of oil, but it's very far down in the ingredients, and I only use a tablespoon in the whole dish)
AnnieMaim

Postby AnnieMaim » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:34 am

S - Green juice of 1 bunch of kale, 1 apple, 1 cucumber, and a handful of grapes (Did I accidentally become addicted to juice?! I was craving it)

B - Oatmeal with blueberries
AnnieMaim

Postby AnnieMaim » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:32 am

Hmm, so last Wednesday I made chili for dinner. I didn't finish filling in my menu, but that's what I had. Then I had the leftovers on Thursday and got food poisoning, or something similar to food poisoning. I was SO SICK. I didn't want to eat and when I did it was not healthy. (I'd made a cheese spread from Vegan Diner - not compliant. Made things out of that)

But I'm back to it.

Yesterday
-------------
B: leftover tofu scramble
L: baked potato with broccoli with small amount of tahini and sriracha
S: apple and nectarine
D: Red Lentil Dal

Today
-----------
B: Overnight oats (apple, spices, coconut shreds, a few hazelnuts)
L: Red Lentil Dal leftovers
AnnieMaim

Postby AnnieMaim » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:11 pm

Okay, back to this. I've been on a plateau for about a month, and guess what... it's been about that long since I stopped logging. I'm doing MWL for a bit.

I had a half day today because of some construction on the building at work, so I did some weights circuits and took a brisk walk to get some steps in (I'm in a cut-throat FitBit steps challenge!) and took a long soak in an epsom salt bath while my potatoes roasted.

B: Pizza Potatoes (I think I invented it?) Roasted potatoes topped with water-sauteed veggies and tomato sauce with pizza seasonings and nutritional yeast.

L: Well, I already broke MWL. But for a good cause. I had some leftover chickpea salad (chickpeas, carrot, red onion, chopped kale, Reduced Fat vegan mayo) in the fridge and didn't want it to go to waste. Not too far from being MWL, so not gonna beat myself up about it. Had that in a ff wrap.

D: Wild rice blend with broccoli
Last edited by AnnieMaim on Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
AnnieMaim

Postby PeripateticDanielle » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:54 am

Good luck on your cutthroat Fitbit challenge! :)
PeripateticDanielle

Postby AnnieMaim » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:07 am

Thanks! ...however, I have a mysterious knee/upper shin(?) injury. I have no idea what I did to it or when, but it started hurting yesterday afternoon. It only hurts when I bend it, so I can still do some walking. Just not sure I should.

B: Sweet potato with cinnamon
S: carrots and Oasis fat free hummus
L: Three little gold potatoes, nuked and doused in salsa, then topped with broccoli, cauliflower, corn, and peppers (from frozen veg bags)
S: meant to have some frozen mango, but got pulled into a meeting and didn't get to eat it.
D: McD, but not MWL compliant casserole I'd been dying to make from Julie Hasson's Vegan Casseroles. Whole wheat penne with a bag of frozen spinach, a can of artichokes, mori nu tofu, nooch, and spices. SO GOOD.

(On my vegan message board, we've all chosen a cookbook we rarely cook from to use as our go-to for the month and we're to make at least 4 recipes from it. I think this is my 3rd, so I'll need to find another in there that's compliant before month end!)

Despite not being totally MWL compliant, I have already broken through that plateau and I saw a brand new shiny lower number this morning. I think I heard a heavenly choir in my bathroom.
AnnieMaim

Postby AnnieMaim » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:08 am

I skipped menu logging for the weekend, but I snuck a peek at the scale and it's finally moved past that pesky plateau weight, by two pounds. WOO.

B: Sweet potato with cinnamon
S: frozen mango
L: baked potatoes with salsa
AnnieMaim

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals