Millenium Restaurant

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Millenium Restaurant

Postby f1jim » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:24 am

For our anniversary dinner Friday night my wife and I went to Millenium Restaurant for our Fine dining experience of the year.
Very little has changed since it's early days under the ownership of Anne and Larry Wheat. Your server will gladly pass your eating requirements on to the chef and return with modifications to several dishes to make them McDougall compliant.
The meal is price fixed at $70 and is 4 courses plus a delightful starter. We both chose the Tempeh which they do several variations on over the course of a year. It was an easy dish to make McDougall compliant and was incredibly delicious. The whole experience was magical for us. That's why it's usually our go to place for our anniversary dinner.
They appear to be doing well in their Oakland, CA location. They have been there 4 years I believe.
If you come to the S.F. Bay Area please make it a stop for a fine dining experience.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: Millenium Restaurant

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:06 pm

Happy anniversary to you both. And I second the dinner recommendation.
Vanilla Orchid

Re: Millenium Restaurant

Postby landog » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:45 pm

f1jim wrote:If you come to the S.F. Bay Area please make it a stop for a fine dining experience.
f1jim

Thanks for the tip! Happy Anniversary!
landog

Return to The Lounge