The "Forum" is still well hidden

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

The "Forum" is still well hidden

Postby CloverLeaf » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:50 pm

I used to participate in the Lounge going back to 2011 or so, for several years, under a different username. I recently came back (under a new username) and had one heck of a time locating this Forum. It used to be at the very top of the home page on a tab clearly labeled "discussion board." You couldn't miss it. Now it's at the very bottom of the home page labeled "Forums" and listed with 13 other link names. I doubt many newbies are finding it. I had to search hard and I was pretty sure it had to be somewhere.

Please, at the very least, I hope you will put it in the drop menu named "Education," which to my mind, it is (and where I thought for sure it would be). Also, please bring back the label "discussion board" as it's much clearer what that actually is. No wonder the Forum isn't what it used to be. I've been reading some of the discussions on that. I bet the main reason it's so incredibly less active is because it's so well hidden!! :roll:
"When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need." – Ayurvedic Proverb
CloverLeaf

Re: The "Forum" is still well hidden

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:45 pm

Yes. It makes it hard for new people to find. Maybe talk to Heather about it?
Vanilla Orchid

Postby QubitBob » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:48 am

Yes, this is terrible design and should be corrected. The other thing I noticed is that the location of the Forum link at the bottom of the page shifted recently. For a long time, it was on the right-hand list of links; the other day it shifted to the left-hand list of links. Very strange and confusing.
QubitBob

Postby DenverGuy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:10 am

Agreed! I thought it was just me.
DenverGuy

Return to The Lounge