Vit D in the winter

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Vit D in the winter

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:25 pm

pundit999 wrote:There was an active user on these forums a few years ago.
She lived in North Carolina, was a Caucasian woman.
She did an experiment where she sat outside for 15 min or so in the winter.
She was able to increase her vitamin D levels a lot.
Search and you should be able to find her post.
I think her name started with Terri ?

Sperti lamp is a great idea.
I am also thinking of getting one.

Vanilla Orchid: how do you use it? Put on the googles and expose large parts of the body for 5 min every day?

Yes, I put on the goggles that come with it and sit in front of it (naked!) for 5 minutes. The lamp has a 5 minute timer on it. I alternate front and back.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Acura » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:26 pm

Vanilla Orchid wrote:My husband and I have been using a Sperti Vitamin D lamp to raise our Vitamin D levels. https://www.sperti.com/
It works. We have used it for several years. It is generally too cold where we live to expose much bare flesh, so we use it all year round.

Do you know how much the D lamp raised your vit D? Is it safe to use? Others can also share their experince with it. I dont mind spending 500 bucks if it is safe and works!
CC
Acura

Postby vegman » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:11 pm

Acura wrote:
Vanilla Orchid wrote:My husband and I have been using a Sperti Vitamin D lamp to raise our Vitamin D levels. https://www.sperti.com/
It works. We have used it for several years. It is generally too cold where we live to expose much bare flesh, so we use it all year round.

Do you know how much the D lamp raised your vit D? Is it safe to use? Others can also share their experince with it. I dont mind spending 500 bucks if it is safe and works!

If you do a search here for the word "Sperti" you will see many posts, including mine in which I share my experiences.
vegman

Previous

Return to The Lounge