Covid-19 Supplements for Prevention/Prophylaxis

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Covid-19 Supplements for Prevention/Prophylaxis

Postby darad » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:54 pm

Even with vaccination, efficacy wanes over time, some worse than others. Whether vaccinated or not, wouldn't it behoove to supplement to maximize resistance to all viral infections, including Covid-19 variants? Why hasn't Fauci, NIH, CDC, FDA recommended any basic OTC supplement protocol to complment vaccination?

I've learned from multiple medical doctors that taking vit C, vit D3, Zinc, and a Zinc ionophore in recommended dosage for Covid can maximize one's ability to fight infection, e.g. flu virus, cold virus, Covid-19 and its variants.

There's been much discussion on Ivermectin, which has anti-parasitic properties and also acts as a Zinc ionophore, which helps increase Zinc flux into the cells. For spike proteins, its alleged the Zinc will block the virus at the ACE2 Receptors. Another Zinc ionophore is hydroxychloroquine, trashed by major media journalists, but touted by many worldwide medical clinicians practicing real medicine.

As you know, prescriptions for Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine have been blocked to promote vaccination, physicians can lose their medical license, and CVS will not fill valid prescriptions. Some CVS pharmacists on Reddit are bragging they do that -- violating their charter and acting like physicians. Both drugs are well-understood, and have possible treatment benefits, but hospitals want nothing to do with these drugs unless sued, taking direction from CDC.

Hopefully, most already know of cheap alternative Zinc ionophores. In a 2016 NIH research paper, Quercetin is mentioned as a Zinc ionophore. Yet this has been quiet in both media and current NIH, CDC, FDA recommendations. Another is ECGc. Both are over-the-counter supplements easily obtained locally or Amazon.

You'll also note that Zinc and Quercetin are often touted separately as having benefits for Covid-19 prophylaxis, when they are intimately linked for benefits for Zinc flux. You need both. Seems rather odd, given the proponents' medical backgrounds.

Quercetin is a fruit/vegetable pigment extract; whereas, ECGc is a green tea extract. I believe plant food is OK right? though excess ECGc might not be tolerated well. For dosage recomendations, its best to consult with your doctor or reputable medical sources. When combined with our Plant Diet, Vit C, Vit D3, Zinc + Ionophore and exercise, we should have maximized our protections against all viruses. I hope. 500% better than doing nothing. Stay out of the Hospital, where ventilators and Remdesivir are a common recourse given minimal focus has been given for treatment.

Let me know your opinion. But don't just believe me, research on your own. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
darad

Return to The Lounge