New Here...Day 24

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

New Here...Day 24

Postby TMFris » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:08 pm

I've been lurking here for about a month, and decided to tell you all what an encouragement you have been!

DH and I need to lose 100 lbs each. :eek: YIKES! We started 24 days ago with the 12 day challenge, and we are both amazed at how much better we feel! I no longer have a daily headache and heartburn, DH says he feels energized at work and no longer has foot pain from standing all day.

As of yesterday, I have lost 9 lbs and DH lost 10 lbs. This is the first "diet" I have ever been on where I dont feel hungry all the time, and I dont have cravings for bad foods.

Anyway, thats our story, I just wanted to say I have learned SO much from reading through the posts on this board. Thanks!

Tara
Start date - 2/13/08

TMFris

Postby Lin » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:31 pm

Welcome, Tara!
It sounds like you and your DH have gotten off to a great start. We're glad to have you here.

Don't worry about how much you need to lose. It will come off in time. It helps to focus on getting healthy instead.

I hope you'll join us on Roberta's Corner too, and post your daily menus and exercise on "What's Cookin' & Who's Movin'."

I wish you much success on your new food journey together. It really helps that you two are doing this together.
:-D
Lin

Let all that you do be done in love.
(1 Cor. 16: 14)
Lin

Postby dlb » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:25 pm

Hey Tara -

Welcome! You're off to a good start. It's nice you two are doing this together. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Donna
To read how the McDougall Program helped me reach my goals, go here:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/donna_byrnes.html
dlb

Postby LauraA » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:29 pm

Welcome Tara and husband. I'm new too - I started on Feb 14th, so this would be 23 days for me. I'm loving it so far, and always feel very full. I'm also learning a lot from reading the boards, and also from posting a few questions and comments. I hope to see you here for a long time to come! Take care, Laura
LauraA

Postby slugmom » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:04 pm

Welcome! Nice to have you join us! What a good start you're off to!! And what a blessing to be doing it together with your husband! That's wonderful!!

:)
- Kim

slugmom

Postby Doris » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:50 pm

Tara, nice to have you and your DH join us on this board. Sounds like the two of you are doing great. Please keep posting. I wish you the best on your McDougall journey. :)
Doris

Postby Donna R » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:11 pm

you're doing great! how wonderful you've both seen results in less than a month so you know this program is working!

yes, there are so many nice people here to offer suggestions and encouragement! and you'll be doing the same to other newbys!
~ Donna
Donna R

Postby CathyB » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:18 am

Welcome! welcome to you and your DH! We both have very close start dates and weight loss goals! Just though I would pop in and say hi! :D
~*~Cathy~*
restart on 9/2/12

CathyB

Postby TMFris » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Thanks to you all for the wonderful welcome! It has been 1 month today, and DH and I have lost 11lbs each!
Start date - 2/13/08

TMFris

Postby Doris » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Tara, Way To Go!! You and your DH are doing wonderful. Thanks for sharing and keeping us posted on your McDougall journey. :)
Doris

Return to The Lounge