Vox:Were barely using the best tool we have to fight obesity

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Vox:Were barely using the best tool we have to fight obe

Postby Peechz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:58 pm

Thank you so much for your post talkingmountain. You said everything that I wanted to say in response to the previous post. I also am someone who had surgery to help lose weight. I am 46 years old and tried for over 20 years to control my weight and diet but food is an addiction, and it took getting the gastric sleeve (a tool, not a cure) to lose the weight to help resolve so many health issue I was afflicted with. I wish I knew about Forks Over Knifes before getting the surgery. I found FOK after getting surgery cause I was trying to find alternative meals as I now have a hard time eating meat and breads and other items.

I am very new to FOK plan and I am only 9 months post op but feel that FOK plan is the way to go. I have my mom, aunt, husband, and his brothers family all willing to try it out or atleast eat 4 days out of the week FOK plan way. Its a start.

What sad is how everyone has such a negative attitude to someone who has weightloss surgery (wls). If you have never been so over weight that every movement that you make is a struggle or just going for a walk its hard to breath or painful, you will never understand why some of us turn to surgery. I am glad I had surgery, I am now able to walk without crying cause my feet dont feel like 1000's of needles with everystep. I am able to sleep without stop breathing 20 times every hour. I am no longer diabetic. There is many more health issues I had.

I hope people on this forum realize we all have a reason to come to this forum and switch to FOK plan. Wether we came after wls or before or for other health reason, be happy that we are here now and be supportive of that decision.
Peechz

Postby patty » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Peechz wrote:If you have never been so over weight that every movement that you make is a struggle or just going for a walk its hard to breath or painful, you will never understand why some of us turn to surgery. I am glad I had surgery, I am now able to walk without crying cause my feet dont feel like 1000's of needles with everystep. I am able to sleep without stop breathing 20 times every hour. I am no longer diabetic. There is many more health issues I had.

I hope people on this forum realize we all have a reason to come to this forum and switch to FOK plan. Wether we came after wls or before or for other health reason, be happy that we are here now and be supportive of that decision.

You have a story to tell how it was, how it is now to give hope to those who are still suffering with or without the experience of weight loss surgery. You might want to check out Dr Garth Davis. He with his father had Clinic where they did gastric bypass. I found his book “Proteinholic” very informative. His story was through a eye exam he found out he had a cholesterol problem that was life threatening. You are in the right place. Keep posting. Dr McDougall created this World Wide Web site because we learning it’s the food. t We are all a work in progress to age a young old. I found Jeff Novick was the one who was able to explain how this program worked where I am no longer afraid of food or the future. As it can be liberating. Be sure to check out his forum.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby viv » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:04 am

We are all heroes, we saved our own lives. Some of us have done it via Dr. McDougall, others have done it via surgery. But the best part is we are all here now, supporting one another and moving forward with hope and healing our bodies one plant at a time.

Viv
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Previous

Return to The Lounge