What The Hell Is Wrong With People?!!!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: What The Hell Is Wrong With People?!!!

Postby rice22 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:32 am

Remember too some were raised during a time when nicotine was marketed very heavily and everyone around them smoked. It's different today plenty of no smoking campaigns it wasn't like that before. It's not easy to change from long held beliefs.
rice22

Postby petmomful » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:38 am

True that. But I still think facing cancer and death would be good motivators.
petmomful

Postby foodaddict » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:31 am

I think the reason for people doing things against common sense is that they cant think straight. And I know its may seem like a stupid thing to say. But after I started to eat this starch based diet I can think much better and make better choices for myself when it comes to just about everything in life. That is what I been trying to say before. If I could have been this clear in my mind when I was 20 years old I would not have had all the problems I had all my life. Lack of important nutrients made me, and it makes also other people make bad choices. If everyone on this planet would eat a great diet we would probably live on a planet that we could call Paradise.
So the answer I can give right now to the question of "What the hell is the wrong with people?" is that people have imbalance in the body and brain due to nutrient deficiency. Fat makes the blood not circulate well enough in some places in the brain. And smoking does the same thing. It causes lack of oxygen.

So why did you quit smoking many years ago and your husband did not ? because you and him are not the same person. And I cant think of another answer than that. You where not so poisoned or suffered the same nutrient deficiency that he did or still do.

Food poison is what I mean by poison. Like dr Mcdougall say the food we eat is what cause us to be healthy or sick.
So why do some people do things against common sense? they are food poisoned or poisoned by alcohol or / and cigarettes.
I started to eat meat again to ripe the benefits of it. They eat meat in the bible. why should not we continue to eat it? I hate manipulated facts !
foodaddict

Postby patty » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:37 am

We live in a culture that has a pecking order. What is exciting with Dr. McDougall when he says "It's the food!", the addiction dominoes stop not just with food but money too. The only place we have to go is up:) When learning to identify vs. compare with addiction stories, there is no hierarchy. Seeing happens. So when feeling powerless over a situation, say a boss who is overbearing, it is to turn the tables. There are four control dramas: intimidation, interrogation, aloofness, and poor me. Find the one you are matching, say poor me to interrogation, a release happens. Discipline becomes magical. He/She is no longer your boss but your beloved servant:) In all relationships we have matching junk that transcends into matching allurement. The Universe is Acusal, it is Self-Correcting:) constantly eliminating the little self. We are taking our power back by knowing we are being done:) So know when being Pecked, it is yes, know and wait:) Waiting = Satiety. Self-care is the best care! Forgiveness is the greatest weapon there is because it is a love that doesn't ask for anything.

Aloha, patty
patty

Previous

Return to The Lounge