QVC educational ....

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

QVC educational ....

Postby patty » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:37 am

I know Dr. McDougall has talked about a infomercial show, and the advice was to work around it. I have a feeling he already has done that by having a friendly home where people can come and learn. It would be great to see him on QVC. He just needs some way to package Being Starch Based, could be Mary and him cooking the recipes. What I have noticed about QVC, is when selling say blenders/cleaning/exercising equipment it is all health orientated.

Dr. McDougall's strength is has created a community friendly base that is access to all for free. I feel the forum is like a hub of wheel, where the spokes reach out to the community. How many people have we seen come and go and know their lives have changed?

Aloha, patty
patty

Re: QVC educational ....

Postby Daydream » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:32 pm

I'd also love to see Dr. McDougall on QVC (or HSN or Evine) so that more people could learn about his starch based diet.
Daydream

Re: QVC educational ....

Postby patty » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:09 pm

I purchased the Pilates Reformer and watching their videos was surprised to hear the demonstrater say on one, one day you will wake up and want to eat kale for breakfast. The Pilates was created as rehab for injured dancers. OVC seemed like to be marketing for people who were injured and aged. What was disappointing was the diet information provided by a nutritionist wasn't vegan.

I hope Dr McDougall and Jeff Novick will rethink their marketing. I feel QVC has helped my program with the kitchen equipment and now with the exercise equipment. Of course I wouldn't have a program without Dr McDougall and Jeff Novick.

Aloha, patty
patty

Return to The Lounge