Bill Clinton at DNC

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Bill Clinton at DNC

Postby vgpedlr » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:30 am

Still looking pretty good. While few know exactly what he does eat, my guess he's keeping it pretty clean. I can't imagine he'll keep promoting Esselstyn with his wife running for president. But who knows? Maybe Ornish will be back on staff at the White House.
vgpedlr

Re: Bill Clinton at DNC

Postby markusos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:50 am

Yeah, I got to say, he looked and sounded great. I realize there is make-up and stuff put on
to make sure he looks good in front of cameras BUT DARN, the guy is seriously 'sharp' and I think it has
a lot to do with what he's eating!

His face looks really healthy thin as does his body - to me at least.
markusos

Postby VeggieSue » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:49 am

Jeff Nelson recently posted a picture of him on his VegSource FB page. If he looked good yesterday, yeah, thank the make-up.

https://www.facebook.com/vegsource/phot ... 92/?type=3
VeggieSue

Postby Risto » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:51 am

I just saw the video clip and my first thought, too, was the he has stuck with the diet. He's three weeks from his 70th birthday.
Risto

Postby Skip » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:54 pm

He looked good to me also. However, he had a noticeable shake in his hands like an early stage parkinsons (arm chair diagnosis).
"The fundamental principle of ethics is reverence for life" Albert Schweitzer
Skip

Postby arugula » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:42 pm

he did look good, almost like he's had a facelift. his jaw is nice and tight. hillary ought to eat like he does. i could not see shaking hands because the CNN banner at the bottom of the video blocked the view.
arugula

Postby Chikiwing » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Skip wrote:He looked good to me also. However, he had a noticeable shake in his hands like an early stage parkinsons (arm chair diagnosis).

I don't know if it means anything but I noticed the hands shaking too.
“Americanism, not Globalism, will be our credo!”― Donald J. Trump
Chikiwing

Postby smudgemom » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:48 pm

VeggieSue wrote:Jeff Nelson recently posted a picture of him on his VegSource FB page. If he looked good yesterday, yeah, thank the make-up.

Wow...there's reason #3452 why I don't visit VegSource anymore.
Is Jeff Nelson slowly turning into Regina George of 'Mean Girls?'
Definitely he's wanting to be a Durianrider Wantabe. Ick.
smudgemom

Postby vgpedlr » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:43 pm

smudge mom wrote:Wow...there's reason #3452 why I don't visit VegSource anymore.

Funny, I rarely visit Vegsource either. The difficult navigation and feel of what looks like a 20 yr old web design, content that never seems to be updated, not much interesting stuff when it does arrive, but definitely the mean spirited drama you describe.

I'm mildly interested in what Nelson has to say at the ASW since I'm disappointed in general, but not interested enough to pay any money for it.

You can do a lot with makeup and lighting, both good and bad, for appearance. The pub quiz I used to frequent had a round of celebrity ID with pictures that captured famous people horribly. Very difficult to identify. So yes, a public speech gets top treatment, but it's not all makeup. Nelson's mean spirited badly lit photo doesn't prove anything about Clinton's diet, but it does show who Nelson has become.
vgpedlr

Postby patty » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:01 pm

vgpedlr wrote:Still looking pretty good. While few know exactly what he does eat, my guess he's keeping it pretty clean. I can't imagine he'll keep promoting Esselstyn with his wife running for president. But who knows? Maybe Ornish will be back on staff at the White House.

What a great thought!!!

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby Risto » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:24 am

vgpedlr wrote:The pub quiz I used to frequent had a round of celebrity ID with pictures that captured famous people horribly. Very difficult to identify. So yes, a public speech gets top treatment, but it's not all makeup. Nelson's mean spirited badly lit photo doesn't prove anything about Clinton's diet, but it does show who Nelson has become.

Yep. This is standard clickbait material now on the celebrity gossip sites. Take a paparazzi picture of a famously beautiful person, with no makeup and a harsh flash firing right at the face. Then turn up the contrast of the picture and turn down color saturation, and you get a grayish photo showing every wrinkle and blemish. Put it next to a professional publicity photo taken in a studio. Title it "see what they look like without makeup".

That photo of Clinton looks like a case of this. If the redness in his face is not an artifact of manipulation, he may have been hung over or having a cold or such. He may have gone paleo, but I don't the the photo tells you anything about it.
Risto

Postby graciezoe » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:59 am

smudgemom wrote:
VeggieSue wrote:Jeff Nelson recently posted a picture of him on his VegSource FB page. If he looked good yesterday, yeah, thank the make-up.

lol! I've totally unsubscribed to vegsource on twitter, instagram, tumblr and youtube. It's too bad!
A HCLF Vegan.
Cardio Goal: 650 minutes a week on treadclimber and Bowflex Max 5 plus, weekend hikes.

Starting weight on 3/2014 was 304 lbs
Weight as of 4/2016 is 114 lbs
graciezoe

Postby Ern2Win » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:41 am

Skip wrote:He looked good to me also. However, he had a noticeable shake in his hands like an early stage parkinsons (arm chair diagnosis).

Or it could be essential tremor:

Essential tremor is a nervous system (neurological) disorder that causes involuntary and rhythmic shaking. It can affect almost any part of your body, but the trembling occurs most often in your hands — especially when you do simple tasks, such as drinking from a glass or tying shoelaces.

It's usually not a dangerous condition, but essential tremor typically worsens over time and can be severe in some people. Other conditions don't cause essential tremor, although it's sometimes confused with Parkinson's disease.

Essential tremor can occur at any age but is most common in people age 40 and older.
Ern2Win

Postby katgirl55 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:48 am

smudgemom wrote:

I agree. In the Vegan Drama thread everyone is so worried about what Durianrider and Freelee are doing but in my opinion Jeff Nelson is just as slimy. I am not interested in this kind of post, where they show a picture of someone (in bad lighting) and blame their diet. It is tasteless. Also, Bill Clinton has rosacea, a known fact (I also have this). So his complexion can be very uneven as a rule, but especially in bad lighting. Makeup helps even out his tone when he is on camera.
katgirl55

Postby VeggieSue » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:04 pm

katgirl55 wrote:I agree. In the Vegan Drama thread everyone is so worried about what Durianrider and Freelee are doing but in my opinion Jeff Nelson is just as slimy.

He's the one who made that fat low-carb vs thin WFPB video that Dr. McD presents a lot of the time. He's as bad a muckracker as the rest of them. Maybe more so, because he likes to poke them all with a stick then sit back and see their reactions then make another video about it.
VeggieSue

Next

Return to The Lounge