Vegetarian Before McDougall

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Congratulations!

Postby Rita » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:45 am

Fireshifter, congratulations to you, your husband and your son. Let us know when Elijah arrives.
Rita

Postby Quiet Heather » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:10 am

I've been vegetarian or vegan off and on since I was 15, so for the last 17 years. I've only been aware of McDougall since 2005, though. I wish I would have known about this from the beginning of my veg journey - I wouldn't have made so many mistakes!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1MwQ22/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w1MwQ22/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
Quiet Heather

Postby Puddy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:56 am

I became a vegetarian on 8-7-88. A friend told me about McDougall when I lived in Santa Rosa. I went to see Dr. McDougall in 2-90 and he convinced me to stop dairy, eggs and oil.

Although I've had some set backs over the years, I'm on the road again toward rebuilding good health and losing unwanted pounds and feeling pretty darned good.

Puddy
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S.Lewis in Mere Christianity
Puddy

Postby Carol » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:18 am

I started McDougalling in 1985. Can you believe it? It only lasted 1 1/2 years and then I gradually added back in the animals. First fish. Just fish. Then dairy. In 1998 I added back in meat and within a year I was diagnosed with cancer. Oh.....and I....uh....actually I tried Atkins. That was by far one of THE dumbest things I ever did.

I started back on the McD plan without incident a year ago now, almost to the date. And I feel much better and see no reason to ever fall off the wagaon. It's been easier this time around. Not sure if it's because I'm older ("supposedly" meaning wiser :lol: ) or whole foods are easier to find now than they were in 1985. I just didn't care for some of the recipes back then and I hadn't discovered nutritional yeast flakes yet. Love that stuff!

Actually, I believe today could be my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY with the program. :D
Carol

Postby Hazel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:09 pm

I had been vegetarian for about 20 years before becoming vegan. I've been vegan for nearly 10.
Hazel
1/1/08 (350)
2/24/08 (321)
6/1/08 (371) Eeek!
6/22/08 (348)
6/30/08 (341)
Hazel

Previous

Return to The Lounge