Fun

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Fun

Postby GoodLife » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:09 pm

http://www.seenandshared.com/age-calculator.htm

This is fun! It calculates your virtual age and your projected longevity based on questions about the diet, exercise, family history, happiness, stress levels, etc. The test is quick and takes only about 90 seconds of your precious life. Try it and post your results if your dare... :-D

I am 61, with a virtual age of 41.6 and a projected longevity of 98.8! :D
Started June 5, 2014; Joined Dec. 22, 2014
Height 5' 8.5"; Starting weight 190.5; Starting BMI: 28.5
Initial Weight Loss and BMI: 150.5; 22.5 (weight loss of 40 lbs.)
Current weight: 158
Current BMI: 23.7
GoodLife

Re: Fun

Postby skane9041 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 pm

Alright, I dared :)

I am 54, with a virtual age of 33.6 (!!) and a projected life expectancy of 98.9. I think I could have made it to 100 except for:
1. One parent and several grandparents dying fairly young
2. I don't get enough sleep
3. I drive too many miles per year

Very interesting.
Sandi
----------------------

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."...Leo Tolstoy
skane9041

Postby Plumerias » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:21 pm

61, 39, 101. :eek: Wish I felt 39! :lol:
Plumerias

Postby judytoronto58 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:18 pm

Wow, I'm 56, but my virtual age is 35.2, and life expectancy of 97.8.
:eek:
I hope I can get to at least 80 in reasonable shape. Long enough to see my children well along in their lives - maybe lucky enough to enjoy a grandchild or two.
judytoronto58

Postby grid » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:27 am

39, 15, 99... Hmmm.

The 15 must be correct :D
grid

Postby Gweithgar » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:44 am

I'm 66
Virtual age is 41
Life Expectancy 108.
Maybe I shouldn't retire next year after all?
Cet animal est tres mechant; quand on l'attaque, il se defend
(This animal is very wicked; if attacked it defends itself)
Gweithgar

Postby Quinda » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:45 am

43 and 104 AWESOME!
Quinda

Postby dteresa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:28 am

I discovered a way to live longer. I lied about a lot of things so my age is about 45 years younger and i will live to 117. Easier than diet and exercise.

didi
dteresa

Postby Gweithgar » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:36 am

Good going, Didi! Honestly, I've visited my mom and her husband at the nursing home and I'm not sure I even want to live to be old. Mom is amazingly "healthy" for her 90 years, but has had dementia for many years now; Dad is mentally sharp as a tack, but his hearing and sight are failing, and he is so bored because there isn't much to keep his mind occupied.
Cet animal est tres mechant; quand on l'attaque, il se defend
(This animal is very wicked; if attacked it defends itself)
Gweithgar

Postby hazelrah » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:07 am

dteresa wrote:I discovered a way to live longer. I lied about a lot of things so my age is about 45 years younger and i will live to 117. Easier than diet and exercise.

didi

You should become a psychologist. I think mine is trying to get me to use the same technique.

But you may also need to diagnose people who don't lie on the test with orthorexia.

Mark
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
http://www.anginamonologues.net
hazelrah

Postby ETeSelle » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:16 am

53, 27, 102 LOL. Not sure I buy it. ;-)
Elizabeth
Weight now: 124 (20.0 BMI)
Weight in 2010: 207 (33.4 BMI)
Star McDougaller Story
Testimonial thread

Trust me on this: One day you'll wake up and realize that it no longer feels like "being strict." It just feels GOOD. :)
ETeSelle

Postby hazelrah » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:40 am

Gweithgar wrote:Good going, Didi! Honestly, I've visited my mom and her husband at the nursing home and I'm not sure I even want to live to be old. Mom is amazingly "healthy" for her 90 years, but has had dementia for many years now; Dad is mentally sharp as a tack, but his hearing and sight are failing, and he is so bored because there isn't much to keep his mind occupied.

I don't know. We had my wife's 88 year-old aunt and her new, "boyfriend," ( I think she thinks of him as her, "beau") visit us last month. After they left they set out on a road trip. I think they just left DC for NOLA this week. To me, although they are the Rosencrantz and Guildenstern of the new millenium, they sure seem to enjoy life more than most people a third their age. A lot of people seem to be trying to convince me that my golden years are not going to be so golden, but I can imagine a great age filled with many of the things I do not have the time for now. I think it all depends on the quality of death; if I can avoid the dementia and protracted decline that sometimes accompanies aging, I see no reason to wish for it to be over. The older I get, the more I am convinced that this is the only chance I'm going to get to experience it. And it really is a miracle; this collection of molecules that I've abused for over half a century is still able to seek, to strive, to find, and not to yield. It's a great journey. I can't imagine wanting it to end a moment earlier than it has to, unless, of course, it becomes a misery.

Mark
Last edited by hazelrah on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...the process that creates this boredom that we see in the world now may very well be a self-perpetuating, unconscious form of brainwashing, created by a world totalitarian government based on money, ... Wallace Shawn
hazelrah

Postby dteresa » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:29 am

Another technique for living longer is to ask the doctor to photo shop your x rays should they reveal something scary.

didi
dteresa

Postby skane9041 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:34 pm

didi[/quote]
Gweithgar wrote:Good going, Didi! Honestly, I've visited my mom and her husband at the nursing home and I'm not sure I even want to live to be old. Mom is amazingly "healthy" for her 90 years, but has had dementia for many years now; Dad is mentally sharp as a tack, but his hearing and sight are failing, and he is so bored because there isn't much to keep his mind occupied.

My Mom passed away at 72 after 10 years of battling early onset alzhemiers. After seeing that, frankly, if I found out I was in the same boat I would "check out", no joke. When I took the test I was pretty surprised dementia and/or alzheimers were not mentioned (unless I missed it).
Sandi
----------------------

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself."...Leo Tolstoy
skane9041

Postby hazelrah » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:43 pm

skane9041 wrote: When I took the test I was pretty surprised dementia and/or alzheimers were not mentioned (unless I missed it).

Good point Sandi,
I ended up in therapy after the results of an assessment of my health suggested I was at risk of depression. So I guess this is not in step with the state of the art in disease mongering technology.

Mark
hazelrah

Next

Return to The Lounge