Oil

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Oil

Postby StarchHEFP » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:03 am

I found this graphic from Cleveland Clinic's heart and vascular team on their "heart healthy living" blog. Article about "The best oil, fish and cheese options for your heart" Really? Adding insult to injury? olive oil on feta cheese? Ironically, at the end of the article is a link to options for treating your coronary artery disease :roll:

StarchHEFP

Re: Oil

Postby dteresa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:48 am

Feta cheese soaked with dark colored really good quality extra extra virgin olive oil and maybe a few crushed olives and a thick smear of the stuff on crusty Italian bread. What the gods on Olympus must be eating.

didi
dteresa

Postby viv » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:33 am

The Cleveland Clinic, up to one of the oldest advertising tricks in the book, "create the problem then sell the solution!" Oh what, you have heart disease? Don't worry we have all the best surgical interventions to treat your condition, now just step this way.........
5'8", Started March 2013
Starting weight: 217
Current weight: 157
60lbs gone--for good!
viv

Postby roundcoconut » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:06 pm

viv wrote:The Cleveland Clinic, up to one of the oldest advertising tricks in the book, "create the problem then sell the solution!" Oh what, you have heart disease? Don't worry we have all the best surgical interventions to treat your condition, now just step this way.........

Truer words were never written! Ha.
roundcoconut

Postby Risto » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:23 pm

I had some feta cheese in a restaurant meal today, just because I was in a hurry and too lazy to ask for a fully vegan version. I'd eaten absolutely no cheese whatsoever for at least nine months before that, and now I've actually been feeling that feta in my system all evening and thinking "never again". I've actually never had a bad reaction to cheese or dairy in general before, but I guess my system has adjusted to cheeselessness. It didn't even taste good (and I used to like feta).
Risto

Postby dteresa » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:31 am

I do not know if I have lost my taste for cheeses and certain meats and stuff like deli subs and pizza and hot wings because it has been three years since I have tasted any of this stuff. However, the smell of roasting meat still has an appeal to me as does a cheese board with lots of crackers and cheesy dips.

However, I do have to say that I do not like to even look at, and find somewhat revolting, the meat at the meat counter at the market since that raw meat looks disgusting whereas in the past I would admire a nice cut of meat and look forward to the cooked product. But I can honestly say that a beautiful display at the produce section really does make my mouth water and I tend to overbuy because it all looks so beautiful. And the two mint plants I just bought look so pretty in front of my living room window. I do not think a chunk of meat and some chicken legs would look quite so pretty there.

didi
dteresa

Return to The Lounge