The Diet War's lob the 1st defamation lawsuit

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: The Diet War's lob the 1st defamation lawsuit

Postby healthyvegan » Mon May 18, 2015 9:54 pm

I knew they wouldn't silence Durian Rider for long! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxcPZYbq-OY

He lobs this one at the starvation diet peddlers.
mrmrsvegan.com free whole starch low fat cookbook #wslf
healthyvegan

Postby CarrotTopsRGreen » Tue May 19, 2015 7:36 am

In his book, "The End of Dieting," Joel Fuhrman take potshots at a number of diets, including low-fat veganism (not mentioned by name, but we know which ones he is talking about); Dukan; and Paleo. He specifically mentions Dukan and a well-known Paleo advocate whose name escapes me just now. I have not heard that anyone is suing him, at least yet. I think he also mentions Atkins in passing. He does not seem to be the kind of guy who would easily back down no matter how many lawsuits were filed against him. He does discuss the scientific studies that he is using when making his charges, which may make a difference.
CarrotTopsRGreen

Postby bbq » Tue May 19, 2015 12:35 pm

How did Harley keep his face straight? Not to mention the person who's holding the camera, it must be hard to get over the sarcasm part since it's so incredibly funny.
bbq

Postby healthyvegan » Tue May 19, 2015 3:58 pm

I think a great question to ask these Starvation Diet peddlers is "does your diet need a warning on it?"

Calorie Requirements for malnourished people. 2,100 is the baseline.
http://www.who.int/nutrition/publicatio ... t_text.pdf

most of humanity is around 2,500
http://whqlibdoc.who.int/trs/who_trs_935_eng.pdf

"WARNING THIS IS A CRASH DIET & Underweight or Starving Persons should NOT undertake this DIET. Additionally, once a healthy weight is attained, normal caloric intake MUST be resumed. Due to potential metabolic changes from starvation, additional weight gain is expected."
healthyvegan

Postby Jumpstart » Tue May 19, 2015 5:34 pm

Anyone who ever read Keys on his starvation study knows what a diet of 1600 calories for someone of about 140/150 pound will do mentally to a person if continued six months: it isn't pretty. I guess that's why anyone who tries them always fails in the long run: low and slow wins the game.
Jumpstart

Postby healthyvegan » Tue May 19, 2015 9:00 pm

jumpstart, all the people following Kayla are working out like crazy, too. Maybe Australia will turn into Zombie land?
healthyvegan

Previous

Return to The Lounge