I feel best when I eat potatoes.

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: I feel best when I eat potatoes.

Postby ChrisInIL » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:30 pm

Reviving this old post.

All these years later, potatoes remain my favorite, most reliable food. Now I cook them almost exclusively in my air fryer. I put Mrs.Dash on them right before they go into the air fryer and cook them at 370 for 18 minutes. Then I shake them around with some more seasoning and do 5 minutes at 400 degrees which gives them a crisp texture. I eat them with a small amount of salt and lots of ketchup.

Another favorite is a version of the taco bell "crunch wrap" which is simply a bean burrito cooked in the air fryer. I used both refried beans and black beans and cook it at 300 for about 5 minutes then I do 2 minutes at 400 degrees which makes the shell crunchy. I add lettuce, salsa and sometimes avocado.
ChrisInIL

Postby MINNIE » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:49 pm

Hi, Chris Good to know this is still working for you.

I see your original post was in 2013, which is when I began the McDougall WOE. The best thing -aside from curing my GERD, IBS and general misery - was getting permission to eat potatoes!

I always like them, but believed they would make me fat so I tried to limit my potato intake. Now I can rejoice in in the glorious tubers every day. I eat pretty much the same menu everyday, and I do eat other starches, but the potato rules. My main meal for 8 years has been baked russets (or sometimes boiled or steamed) with steamed veggies.

It's never boring, it's energizing, it's cheeeap and my gut biome loves it. :D

Peace, love and starch to all!
MINNIE

Postby landog » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:42 pm

ChrisInIL wrote:Reviving this old post.

All these years later, potatoes remain my favorite, most reliable food.

Love it! Potatoes are the bomb!
landog

Previous

Return to The Lounge