20 @60 or What happened to the fat boy?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 20 @60 or What happened to the fat boy?

Postby frozenveg » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Tiger wrote:Brightest flower in the yard, Norm! :-D

It's great to see bright colours. My husband bought some salmon-pink pants and wore them when we went to the city last weekend. He bet that we wouldn't see any other man wearing bright-coloured pants (shorts didn't count) and he was right. Not just the men but the women - all in black, beige or navy.

I wonder if if says something about our mood when we wear dark or bland colours. I have almost all black clothing myself (because it's slimmming! ;) ) but it's so refreshing to see bright pink.

I love the pink pants, Norm! But Tiger, I wear almost exclusively black and charcoal gray pants because I get dirty all the time! Black doesn't stain as much!
5'3", 74 YO. Started Jan. 11, 2010
Starting weight: 222.6
Current weight: 148.2.0

Success Story:
https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... -rockwell/
frozenveg

Postby Tiger » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:08 am

That's another reason I like black - I can't keep white-anything white, and I'm always messing about in the garden. But I'm thinking I should try some red or orange (I'm supposed to be a Leo, but I'm really not very fire-y) for a change.
Be compassionate, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.
Tiger

Postby Don Stewart » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:44 pm

I enjoyed reading this again Mr. Pinkrose....thanks!
Don Stewart

Postby pinkrose » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Don Stewart wrote:I enjoyed reading this again Mr. Pinkrose....thanks!

Ha ha! :D Don, we are friends! :nod:

Please call me Pink! :!: :nod:
pinkrose

Postby JaneyF » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Pink Rose, this a wonderful story. If anyone as fond of ice cream as you were can be this successful, I have high hopes. Thank you for sharing. I think you are amazing!
JaneyF

Postby minamosa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:25 am

Wow! It's very inspiring that you went from being a 100 lb 5 year old boy to a healthy adult! Thank you for sharing it along with your tips and menu.
My journal: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=33072

225 lbs = START [11/17/2012]
196 lbs = Class I Obese
168 lbs = Overweight
140 lbs = Normal
125 lbs = Goal
minamosa

Postby pinkrose » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:42 am

<20 @61: Another year of McDougalling

This was a special year for many McDougallers due to the publication of The Starch Solution. It was the first Kindle book that I bought and read on my computer. I enjoyed the book and thought about the many people who needed to join us in following Dr. McDougall’s advice. I gave away eight copies of the book. This little experiment confirmed my suspicion that few are ready to make major changes in their diets. I do not think any of the recipients have adopted our way of eating. :-(

I have since read many Kindle books and really enjoy reading books on the computer. You can see my reviews here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A ... f_=sv_ys_4.

After eating a ton of plants during the last 12 months, I am bit lighter and I like being light! :nod:

However, getting lighter does not necessarily make one more attractive. :!: My better half and others think I am too thin but my knees and feet appreciate my efforts to lighten up! :nod:

Also, after the birth of a grandson in July, I began thinking about how I would like to be part of his life until he becomes an adult (for 20+ years) and I think that eating the low fat plants will increase the probability that I will be able to do that. So my resolve is strong! :nod:

I see a lot of self-defeating attitudes in regard to health and other issues. People underestimate their capacity to adapt! I do not think that I have a special gift for adapting to this way of eating. I have adapted (and enjoy it) because of my desire to maintain health and abilities. I suggest that your capacity to adapt to this way of eating (and to thrive on it) is a function of your desire. “Winners are driven by desire!” If you have a strong desire to adapt, after a few weeks of McDougalling you will probably (like others) enjoy simple meals of veggies and starches. You may wonder why it took you so long to decide to change!

I love youngsters and am happy to work with many. However, here in China we are seeing more and more fat kids. I am trying to do my part in regard to teaching and showing people how to eat and enjoy better health. Maybe we can help a few people as we help ourselves. :nod:

I continue to enjoy the support and friendships here. However, I have never met another McDougaller face-to-face! I hope that will change in the winter when I am in the USA! Maybe we will enjoy sweet potatoes together! :nod:

Last edited by pinkrose on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
pinkrose

Postby Denise » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 am

You are a true inspriration Pinkrose and what a lovely picture of you and family!

Thank you for sharing you!

Cheers
Denise

Postby patty » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:32 am

We truly are a flowering consciousness. The day before yesterday while in traffic a beautiful orange and black butterfly appeared to be flying above and weaving in-between the cars. Men wearing pink would have loved the sight.

Aloha, patty
patty

Postby BroccoliForever » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:33 pm

I just read this thread for the first time! Wow! I love your story and your attitude! Thank you so much for sharing.
BroccoliForever

Postby bluefizzure » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:30 pm

What a wonderful post, and a beautiful picture! Beautiful people and a lovely natural place. You are truly blessed! And you deserve it. :-)
bluefizzure

Postby pinkrose » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Thanks for all of the kind words! I am grateful to be part of this community! :nod:
pinkrose

Postby PineappleTraci » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 pm

I see a lot of self-defeating attitudes in regard to health and other issues. People underestimate their capacity to adapt! I do not think that I have a special gift for adapting to this way of eating. I have adapted (and enjoy it) because of my desire to maintain health and abilities.

Pinkrose -- Well said, and so true! Can we put that on a billboard somewhere??

Also, I just want to chime in and say how impressed I always am at your willingness to give gentle (but honest) advice to all here and to freely offer encouragement to people who drop in on these forums! A very decent, compassionate practice.
PineappleTraci

Postby eaufraiche703 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:20 am

what a treasure to find this thread this morning! you - and yours - are all SO CUTE, Pinky!

loved your advice about hunger from the first page - if rice or an apple don't appeal, skip the meal.

was your bday 12/5? sort of scanned quickly and saw the change from 20@60 to 20@61....
what would Scooby do?
eaufraiche703

Postby pinkrose » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:13 pm

eaufraiche703 wrote:what a treasure to find this thread this morning! you - and yours - are all SO CUTE, Pinky!

loved your advice about hunger from the first page - if rice or an apple don't appeal, skip the meal.

was your bday 12/5? sort of scanned quickly and saw the change from 20@60 to 20@61....

:o

Thanks for your sweet words, Eaufraiche! I reached 61 on 11.28.

I would love to see others post annual updates! :nod:
pinkrose

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge