Telemarketing for meat...

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Telemarketing for meat...

Postby HealthyMe2010 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 pm

I just received a call. A real shocker. The lady was calling on behalf local farms who produce beef, pork, lamb and chicken. She asked when would be a good time to drop off SAMPLES of the meat to my home.

I politely told her that our family didn't eat meat, but to be honest, it was more offensive to receive this call than getting the "All you need is cheese" magazine in the mail...

Perhaps this is a sign that their industry is getting desparate - or maybe it's a sign that they are finding "innovative" new ways to sell MORE meat. I truly hope it's the former, but I know that Animal Welfarists have made it ok for people to eat local, cage-free, "happy meat", so this type of promotion might spark people to eat more of these local animal products.

:-(

If any local produce growers are reading - please, please call and offer free samples of your potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce and berries :D
HealthyMe2010

Re: Telemarketing for meat...

Postby mountain » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:38 pm

You should have asked her to come by with the samples and feed them to your dog in front of her....if you don't have a dog maybe you could "rent" one from a neighbour :D :D :D
mountain

Postby blondie » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:49 pm

mountain wrote:You should have asked her to come by with the samples and feed them to your dog in front of her....if you don't have a dog maybe you could "rent" one from a neighbour :D :D :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w/]
[/url]
[url=http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wjVo52w]My Weight Chart:
Image[/url]>
311 all-time highest weight. Began McDougall plan at 300 lb. on 2/9/2011.
blondie

Postby didi » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:24 am

Oh yeah. Like I would eat anything that a perfect stranger dropped off at my door and asked me to try.

Didi
didi

Postby Gweithgar » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:18 am

didi wrote:Oh yeah. Like I would eat anything that a perfect stranger dropped off at my door and asked me to try.

Didi

Hmmmmm, yeah. Even if I still ate meat, that would give me pause.
Cet animal est tres mechant; quand on l'attaque, il se defend
(This animal is very wicked; if attacked it defends itself)
Gweithgar

Postby Loveskale » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:48 am

That would creep me out.

You could have also said on the phone, "I'm sorry, but I don't have any pets to give the meat to."
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Return to The Lounge