Do we all have an eating disorder?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Do we all have an eating disorder?

Postby f1jim » Thu May 05, 2011 10:56 pm

When someone says they have a problem with binging I'd have to ask what they binge on. Broccoli? Carrots? Brown rice? Id say almost never. It's almost always on some SAD type food. And those things are inherently addictive. I don't think the problem there is so much with the person but with the food. I know it's an egg vs chicken argument but I almost always fall back to blaming the food. Get the bad food out of the equation and things settle down to normal. People still might have urges but if the food is kept farther than arms length it's much easier to stay on program. So don't blam yourself for issues that revolve around addictive foods.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Re: Do we all have an eating disorder?

Postby Vegankit » Fri May 06, 2011 5:50 am

f1jim wrote:When someone says they have a problem with binging I'd have to ask what they binge on. Broccoli? Carrots? Brown rice? Id say almost never.

LOL, I'm your "almost never" exception - I can and do sometimes binge on raw carrots and cherry tomatoes. Certain fruits are a huge downfall for both my self and DH - we can polish off a dozen mangoes, a large watermelon or several bags of fresh cherries in no time flat. It's been over two years since I started this diet and in that time I have not let one molecule of the old food that I used to binge on pass my lips because I know that I will fall right back into the pleasure trap. When I binge, I binge on MWL foods - whole foods.
Vegankit
Vegankit

Previous

Return to The Lounge