Cookbooks by Robin Roberston

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Cookbooks by Robin Roberston

Postby Becky » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:59 pm

CHEF AJ wrote:Do you want me to e-mail Robin and tell her what you're doing? I think it's fabulous. Many have asked her about the oil and salt for years and she says you can just leave them out, and I do. My favorite recipe from 1000 is the pumpking black bean lasagna! I just bought 3 more of her books. I really think she is the best cookbook author out there, and certainly the most prolific. I am begging her to be a chef at HTLA2 next year.

Love & Kale,
Chef AJ

Hi Chef AJ! Thanks for your endorsement of my new blog! :) I have some frozen pumpkin still in my freezer, maybe I'll have to try that lasagna recipe, it sure sounds good! Actually, before I ever put up the blog, I exchanged email with Robin, asking her if it was okay if I posted a picture of the cover of the book. She had no problem with that, and asked me to let her know when I got the blog up and running. She was very supportive of the entire project, in fact. So, earlier today, I did let her know.

It's going to take me forever to get through the recipes, but I'll sure have fun doing it! :lol:

Becky
See how I am McDougallizing the recipes in
Robin Roberston's "1000 Vegan Recipes" -
https://testing-1000vr.blogspot.com/
Becky

Postby greentea » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Your blog is making me think that I need to buy this book!!!
greentea

Postby fancslewis » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:18 pm

I only have one cookbook by her that I bought a few years ago. The title is the Carb Conscious Vegetarian, but don't let the title fool you. This is not a (heaven forbid) low carb cookbook. Rather it focuses heavily on lots of fruits and vegetables and low glycemic carbs, and is rational in its use of fats. I really like it a lot. There are the predictable cashew sauce, etc. recipes, but I don't feel that nuts are the evil they are made out to be if used judiciously. I really like this cookbook.
fancslewis

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:31 am

lol...I guess I should have gone back up to the newest one but I was looking at that recipe so I left it there! :D I think blogging on that book is a great idea, the photos help! I haven't been very creative lately!
ncyg46

Previous

Return to The Lounge