Feedback on The Pleasure Trap

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Feedback on The Pleasure Trap

Postby vgpedlr » Wed May 04, 2011 12:24 am

Gypsy wrote:I just started reading the Pleasure Trap and this thread has been so helpful. Thanks :-D Would you recommend that I also get the DVD?

Yes.
I think his presentation is better than the book. He is very easy to listen to and quite funny.
vgpedlr

Postby Gypsy » Wed May 04, 2011 4:43 am

f1jim wrote:I am almost embarrassed by how little I had to struggle to make this work. I just wish I had the smarts to do this decades ago!
f1jim

Yes, this is the easiest diet I've ever attempted and the most fun. I, too, was bemoaning the fact that I hadn't learned this 50 years ago.... my first diet consisted of a week long fast followed by a pizza binge. However, I just watched the video of a woman 80 years old who was now feeling better than she had in her seventies. I must always remember to be grateful that I didn't die without this knowledge. :nod:
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Wed May 04, 2011 4:44 am

vgpedlr wrote:
Gypsy wrote:I just started reading the Pleasure Trap and this thread has been so helpful. Thanks :-D Would you recommend that I also get the DVD?

Yes.
I think his presentation is better than the book. He is very easy to listen to and quite funny.

Thanks, I'll order it today :nod:
Gypsy

Postby noelalexis2000 » Sun May 08, 2011 5:56 am

f1jim wrote: I just wish I had the smarts to do this decades ago!
f1jim

that is my only regret as well. Now that I am 63 I worry about how much damage I have done but thankfully I seem to be okay. :)
noelalexis2000

Previous

Return to The Lounge