Does anyone watch---

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Does anyone watch---

Postby janluvs2heel » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Ruby on Style Network? I can't remember when she was first on, I know there have been 3 separate times with new shows.

She started off weighing 475ish lbs. Now there are pictures of her weighing much more, she says over 700 lbs, but the show started & she was around 475. So last night she weighed in at 318. When she first started she was using a pre-packaged food I think that was called Hourglass program, but I might be wrong about that. But it had everything she needed in it, she sometimes took it out with her if they were going out to eat so she would stay on her plan. Now I dont know what she is using now, as they barely talk about what she eats or even show her eating anymore. She talks a lot about her childhood, she can't remember it, from a certain age to a certain age. She goes all over the place, trying to find her memories or see if something will trigger a memory. I am thinking that she was sexually abused, but that hasn't come out yet.

She lives in Savannah, Ga.

Anyway, it is kind of interesting. They have this lady from AA, who talks a lot about the 12 step program when they have their woman's fat night. And then yesterday's episode, her counselor suggested to her that she make 5 changes in her life that would improve her life & possibly speed up her weight loss. The biggest thing she did was give up diet cola & they bought a juicer so she could juice veggies. I have to say, she is pretty funny sometimes. The other thing she suggested, was placing mirrors around the house, so you are forced to see yourself, what you really look like. I mean I know sometimes it is so easy to avoid the mirror or only look from the neck up. Does anyone else have this problem?

Jan
janluvs2heel

Re: Does anyone watch---

Postby Gweithgar » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 am

Well, I really love the mirror on my bathroom medicine cabinet. It does something to my face that makes me look really, really cute. I wish I could take that darned mirror everywhere with me.

I don't have any full-length mirrors in my house.
Cet animal est tres mechant; quand on l'attaque, il se defend
(This animal is very wicked; if attacked it defends itself)
Gweithgar

Postby Gramma Jackie » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:37 am

Ruby has been on Oprah several times. She like Oprah is a yo yo dieter. One postive thing however, is she has embraced life no matter what size she is.
I wish she would try Dr. McDougall's MWL however because it really works if you stick to it and is something that is do-able for the long run.
Gramma Jackie

Postby janluvs2heel » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:21 pm

I saw the Oprah show right at the end.

Yeah, she has been up & down. Mainly up though.

She has embraced life but I had a real problem in the beginning, there she is, on State aid, can't work due to her weight. Of course now I am sure that has all changed. They made a big deal about how she went looking for a job, she found one but haven't seen her there for a long time. And she has all those friends, her housemates, they all help her. She is really pretty spoiled & a bit of a brat. I still like the show though. I used to live in Albany, GA. many years ago. Yes, it would be fun to see her do McDougall. I wish they would do more about her diet, what she is eating, etc.

I dont have a full length mirror in my house either, but I can see the advantage, it sort of forces you to look at yourself, especially the parts that you can't see. She used these smaller mirrors, stuck them where she could see certain parts of her body, like her butt, she calls it Bertha.
janluvs2heel

Postby Daffodil » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:00 pm

I have a full length mirror that we bought recently. But so far just the cats use it to stare at the "intruder's." :mrgreen:
I do intend to actually put it up someday so I can scare myself every morning. :wink:
-Amy in NV
-------------
Daffodil

Return to The Lounge