My Mum: Told Cholesterol and Blood Lipids High - Good News!!

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

My Mum: Told Cholesterol and Blood Lipids High - Good News!!

Postby Danko » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:01 am

Okay, bit confusing title. Was good news because she had breast cancer 7 years ago and the blood test was to test for CEA (amongst other things) to see what was causing bowel symptoms. The doctor sent a letter asking her to see him regarding her blood test and we thought 'oh-oh', as bowel cancer is an increaed rsk for breast cancer survivors.

Fortunately, it was because of the cholesterol and lipd profile that she was recalled.

BUT: interestingly from our persepective the doctor is making her cut all fat, all dairy and all meat from her diet to counter the choleterol instead of bunging her on statins!! I am pleased because I have tried to persuade her to go McD since the breast cancer to help to keep it at bay.

Also nice to know that there IS the odd doctor out there that addresses lifestyle instead of throwing pills across the desk. :-D

And I can go around to hers for dinner more often!! :D
Danko

Re: My Mum: Told Cholesterol and Blood Lipids High - Good News!!

Postby TeriTX » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:04 pm

That is good news!
TeriPDX
TeriTX

Re: My Mum: Told Cholesterol and Blood Lipids High - Good News!!

Postby njr1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Yay! Very encouraging news! :D
njr1

Return to The Lounge