Invitation to Lunch in Santa Rosa

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Invitation to Lunch in Santa Rosa

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:23 pm

The San Francsicso Bay Area McDougall group invites you to join us for lunch at Gary Chu's Chinese restaurant in Santa Rosa http://www.garychus.com/ on March 28, 2010 at noon. Although it is not shown on the website, Gary Chu's has a FULL McDOUGALL menu. If you e-mail me, I can send you a copy as an attachment.

Please PM or e-mail me at [email protected] to RSVP, so I can make reservations. We will arrange car pools to the extent feasible.

I know some of you live in the East Bay, Marin and Sonoma, so I hope this will be a large, fun gathering. Please consider inviting your interested but not-yet compliant friends so we can show them this is about abundance, not deprivation!
Vanilla Orchid

Re: Invitation to Lunch in Santa Rosa

Postby amyla51 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:37 pm

We ate there last month as part of the 10 day McDougall program. It was great and all McDougall safe. Just be careful of the sodium...everything we ate was very salty.

Amy :)
Amy in NH

"Potato Power!" (courtesy of Jeff Novick)
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
"On Plan and planning to stay that way." (Thanks, Letha)
amyla51

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:44 pm

I've never tried the Japanese place. That will have to be another trip.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:01 pm

This is just a reminder that some of us will be going to lunch at Gary Chu's in Santa Rosa. All are welcome, just PM or e-mail me at [url][email protected][/url] to RSVP so that I can make reservations.
Vanilla Orchid

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:38 pm

geoffreylevens wrote:Dang, last year I lived in Sebastopol, now in Arizona. Oh well. Gary Chu's has GREAT food!

where in Arizona?
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:34 am

i will look on the map...i am in New River, just north of Phoenix...i think we are going to a Solar event at Catalina State Park next month near Tucson.
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:28 pm

will have to look up the date...I know it's in April since the one in Glendale is in March...will keep ya posted and you can laugh at us in our tent! Have to figure out what to cook there! Last time I made an eggplant/zucchini pasta dish but this time I will have it all cut up first, I forgot my good knife last time!
The Glendale one we will be at the library and I plan on bringing some frozen Walmart biscuits ( non McD legal but i don't eat them anyway) I just want something easy so I can walk around and look at the other displays! Also maybe I will McDougallize my old refrigerator oatmeal cookie recipe and just slice and bake all day! :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:24 pm

geoffreylevens wrote:Keep me posted!

The Glendale thing with Az Solar Cookers is March 27th at the library.

The one at Catalina State Park is April 24 and is a potluck thing... :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:13 pm

just don't laugh at us in our tent! We don't pull out the rv for just a weekend! I will find out more info...It's Citizens for Solar in Tucson. We went to it last year and had a great time. At night they have a potluck of all the foods cooked during the day...One veggie table and one carnivorous table! :D
Debating about the eggplant zuchinni pasta or the tofu lasagna! Will have to get that one prepped in advance and just put it together there since I make my own enchilada sauce and saute things to go in it in advance! :D
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:12 am

I wrote to my solar group since the new schedule is not online yet..and received this back:

Hi Nancy,

The 28th Annual Solar Pot Luck will be held at Catalina Catalina State Park, 11570 N. Oracle Rd., Tucson, AZ on Saturday, April 24.

The Potluck is free of charge and open to everyone. Catalina State Park is offering free admission the day of the Potluck.

There will be solar cooking demonstrations all day long, and a free pot luck featuring a wide variety of solar cooked dishes toward the end of the day.

There will also be entertainment and guest speakers discussing solar and other conservation technologies throughout the day.

Here is a link to the Citizens For Solar website, which should be updated soon:

http://www.citizensforsolar.org/solar_potluck.php
ncyg46

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:00 pm

it was a fun day when we went last year....and free is always great! See ya there!
ncyg46

Postby dachakee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm

I am new to the Discussion Board.
How do I find other McDougaller's in Wisconsin, southeast Wisconsin?

Thank you,

[email protected]
dachakee

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:30 pm

i would post this in the Lounge as a new topic and see what happens! :D
ncyg46

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Just a reminder that tomorrow is lunch at Gary Chu's . Noon. I think about 18-20 of us will be there. If you want to join us, there is still time.
Vanilla Orchid

Return to The Lounge