Help

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Help

Postby Wildapple » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:09 pm

I have recently been diagnosed with allergies to soy and apple. Also, my Dr. put me on a yeast free diet for a period of 3-4 months. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can look to find some good recipes? She also told me not to eat any potatoes or rice for the first month and no bread or grains or anything with sugar goes without saying. I need help!!!
Wildapple

Postby lfwfv » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:06 pm

What foods can you eat? I'm a little confused on the fact that you can't eat any grains, rice, potatoes etc.. Why don't you list the foods that are available to you and we can try helping you out...

I am on a gluten-, soy-, corn-free diet and I'm doing just fine and thoroughly enjoy my foods. My overall advice would be "keep it simple". The more processed food, complex dishes, spices etc. you try to use, the greater your chance of contamination.

I eat a lot of veggies, fruit, millet, quinoa and yams. Can you eat any of these things? Can you eat beans?
lfwfv

Postby serenity » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:39 pm

Why does no bread or grains go without saying? If you can't eat potatoes either, then it sounds like your doctor expects you to eat meat and veggies only. Is that true? I guess we need more information before we can help.
serenity

Postby Wildapple » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:22 am

I am on a yeast free diet. Anything that turns to sugar in the body or feeds the yeast. This would be any grain, rice, potatoes, bread, sugar, vinegar, mushrooms. I can eat beans and veggies.
Wildapple

Postby gypwytch » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:32 am

What about seeds, would you be allowed those? If I remember right amaranth and quinoa are both properly classified as seeds, not grains.
It's just me.
gypwytch

Postby Wildapple » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:36 am

yes, I can eat seeds. And thanks, I didn't know aramanth & quinoa were seeds.
Wildapple

Return to The Lounge