HBO Alzheimer's Project

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

HBO Alzheimer's Project

Postby LauraA » Tue May 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Has anyone watched any of the Alzheimer's Project on HBO? My mother has Alzheimer's, so I've been very interested. The first segment was so sad, just showing the memory loss of several people. Later segments got into some medical information. One segment said that they were looking at diet and exercise. They said a good bit about exercise tests with rats showing much increased memory with rats who exercised. I was expecting some info on diet, and they never mentioned it again! They did, however, link cardio health to healthy memory. Anyway, I feel like we are doing all that we can to help with so many conditions. Take care, LauraA
Take care, LauraA

"ON PLAN, AND PLANNING TO STAY THAT WAY!"
Letha
LauraA

Postby Faith in DC » Wed May 13, 2009 11:26 am

it sounded really good but I don't get HBO. It's a shame that info like that can't get out to main stream folks.

Did they do a piece on yoga? I saw a clip on AARP on yoga and memory and it was really interesting. The yoga teacher is local (Columbia) and I was wondering if the clip was from that special.
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Return to The Lounge