Favorite cooking methods poll

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Your must haves?

Conventional range and oven
29%
Microwave
25%
Rice cooker
11%
Slow cooker
10%
Pressure cooker
20%
Induction cooker
3%
Dry roaster
1%

Total votes : 79

Favorite cooking methods poll

Postby Quinda » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:27 am

Mine are induction cook tops and pressure cookers. I also use microwave to reheat and gas as needed for baking which grows less frequent with time. I know you have ones I did not think to list so please tell us about them.
Quinda

Re: Favorite cooking methods poll

Postby MINNIE » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:01 am

I voted microwave. Actually it's microwave plus instant pot but I use the microwave more times per day.

I have weekly potato baking extravaganza that requires the regular oven, because of the quantity . I use a rice cooker when the instant pot is busy.
MINNIE

Postby VeggieSue » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:21 am

Oven, microwave, pressure cooker and slow cooker. When I had a rice cooker, I used that a few times a week, but now I use Jeff Novick's boil-like-pasta way and it comes out perfect every time.

If we could only choose ONE, it would be regular stove, although the pressure cooker (electric) is used almost as much lately.
VeggieSue

Postby judynew » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:29 am

If I had to choose only one to take with me in some hypothetical situation, I would take my Instantpot. Pretty sure I could live pretty comfortably with just what I would be able to cook in my IP.
judynew

Postby vgpedlr » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:32 am

Old school, fire from the stove and cook. But I love slow cookers. Third place would be electric rice cooker/steamer.
vgpedlr

Postby colonyofcells » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Steaming takes too long so I just boil everything. The advantage of boiling is the water helps the fiber expand.
colonyofcells

Postby Dave Dardinger » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:42 pm

I voted microwave and stove/oven. I have rice cookers, and Instapot and slowcooker but haven't used any of them in a long time. I do occasionally use an electric skillet for french toast, though.
I'm just here for the food.

Dave Dardinger

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:18 am

Microwaves are for re-heating and emergencies, not for real cooking. As for the rest, well, it just depends on what I'm making. Use the right tool for the job.
Vanilla Orchid

Return to The Lounge