Gypsy's Gournal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Gypsy's Gournal

Postby Gypsy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:29 pm

How long have you had your sewing machine in your basement? I had always heard that was a no-no? due to humidity?? We have a dehumidifier running 24/7. GD is learning to sew and I would love to put her stuff down there. We have several tables so it wouldn't be on the floor,etc....hummm. that would free up the space under the dinning room window. :idea:
It's 66 here at 4:30pm on the sunny side. I canned back in the 70's but never learned to veggie garden. Two skills I wish I had today. Ah, well, guess I'm needed for other things...like thinking :lol: I do alot of thinking :lol:
Gypsy

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, our basement is very dry. Also we heat it in winter so that probably makes a difference. But even when we didn't heat it, my machines have been down there. At least since the oldest Doodlekid was born and my sewing room became the "nursery". :unibrow: In my sewing area I also have a couch, TV/entertainment center, and a large church organ. It's quite the set-up. :?

I wish I could garden. We have too many trees though, too much shade. Can't cut the trees down, they are not ours. I have to buy all my tomatoes that I'm canning, but it is still cheaper than buying canned tomatoes. And better tasting too! The lady who grew these I have now lives about two miles away.

My guys just got out of the pool :eek: and now are building a camp fire to get warm! The pool was heated but the air sure ain't!
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Chile » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Holy cow, Mrs. Doodlepunk. Cold? What part of the country do you live in? We had a "cool" day today and by that I mean it did not get up to 100 degrees... :duh:
Chile

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Michigan, where tonight it's supposed to be lows of 38 to 42. :|
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:57 am

Drum roll....The official scales read 175lbs this morning :lol:

Ya...MWL...Ya...no processed foods... :cool:

45 degrees here this morning. I pulled a few weeds but I think I got into some poison ivy... :-( hope it doesn't go systemic on me...been there, done that...not fun. Of coarse, when I first saw it, I freaked that it was MRSA. DD told me to chill and pill. :lol:

Think I'll make some rice today to go with whatever veggies I decide. :nod: Peace
Gypsy

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:01 am

Go Gypsy! Just a little bit ago you were in a stall and couldn't break 180!

Sure hope that poison ivy goes away. We have it here and I am vigilant about taking it out before it gets one of us. I am very sensitive to it. My father always said that if you wash with Fels Naptha it helps get rid of the resins that are still there. I mean, wash everything including your clothes.
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Rosey » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:15 am

I feel for you guys that get poison ivy and glad I never get it. Even when I've had people try to give it to me.

Congrats on 175lbs WOOT
Rosey

Postby StarchBeet » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:37 am

Way to go Gypsy!

Rosey and Gypsy, I know how you both feel. My son gets poison ivy rash so bad, like I've NEVER seen before but I don't even get poison ivy.
StarchBeet

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:12 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: that's too funny, Deb :lol: :lol: I've always had a big butt and now it's just gone flat...with the gut would :lol: :lol:
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:14 pm

Gypsy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: that's too funny, Deb :lol: :lol: I've always had a big butt and now it's just gone flat...wish the gut would :lol: :lol:

Thanks to everyone for stopping by today, Mrs D, Rosey, StarchBeet and Debbie...what a party :nod:
Gypsy

Postby sksamboots » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:00 pm

I told you so. Cool beans--just keep doing your thing :nod: :D
sksamboots

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:29 am

sksamboots wrote:I told you so. Cool beans--just keep doing your thing :nod: :D

Hey, sksamboots, :lol: thanks, I'll try to not whine the next time I level out for awhile :lol: :lol:

The Wii says I'm about 1.3 pounds from "merely" overweight instead of obese. I wonder if the little voice inside the Wii will still groan when I step on scale? :lol:

Yesterday I wanted something different with my brown rice (I really don't like brown rice :P ) So I opened cans of corn, black beans and tomato paste...all no salt added. I prefer my potatoes and green veggies.
Today DD requests a sweet potato for lunch and I'm cooking frozen green beans and fresh baby carrots.
My 90 year old Dad has been making changes in his diet...I've been emailing him info. He watched the Clinton interview and other videos. Says he sees his cardiologist on Friday and plans to bring up diet, etc. cool :cool: His cardiologist is as old as he is :lol: :lol:
Gypsy

Postby Gypsy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:59 pm

:nod: I'm so proud of DD. She came home for lunch with a 5 pound bag of frozen green beans. ..said she had ordered another 40lb box of sweet potatoes. I had made her a nuked sweetie and nuked a pound of green beans...she ate them all :lol: adds a little Garlic rice vinegar and Mrs. Dash.
Her grandfather had sent her a check for the first 48 pounds ...$480. Now that's incentive :nod:but you still have to know what to eat. He offered the same deal to another GD, she lost 16# but has regained it. :( and he had rewritten the contract on the inside cover of MWL book. :roll:
But she was all involved on another plan :eek:
Gypsy

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Wow, what a great Grampa!

Your girls are doing so well. Tell them I'm so proud of them! :nod:
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Chile » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Would your grandfather like to adopt another granddaughter? :wink:
Chile

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals