OK, what i am having today.

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Thursday 01/22/2015

Postby eXtremE » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:11 pm

*no breakfast
*no lunch
*dinner = brown rice, boiled okra, great northern beans, kale greens, large vegetable salad, small amt. of baked chicken used as a meal condiment, boiled mushrooms, 1/2 raw onion cut up on beans and rice, 2 tablespoons of walnuts (for lunch)
* 2 quarts of bottled water.
* 2 alcoholic drinks after meals (got a slight buzz going now :D )
* no resistance training today. Did do 20 mins of cardio on stationary bike today.
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Saturday 04/18/2015

Postby eXtremE » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:21 am

I did another water fast yesterday. I ate absolutely nothing and feel pretty good this morning and not even hungry. :)
On 7/8/2013, I decided to change my diet to a "mostly" WFPB diet. I have always been somewhat lean and muscular due to being a lifelong exerciser. Change in diet due to feeling crummy all the time despite a healthy outward appearance. Image
eXtremE

Re: OK, what i am having today.

Postby Aliner » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:22 pm

Breakfast: three cups steamed broccoli and cauliflower mixed with spray of braggs amino. 1.5 cups of steamed kale spray of braggs amino. 3/4 cup of soaked oats with 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk 1/8 cup of raisins

Lunch: two bananas

Dinner extra large rainbow salad with balsamic/Dijon dressing 3 cups steamed broccoli/cauliflower spray of braggs. Two cups of brown rice 1.5 cups of recipe called "wicked mushrooms" from plant based cook book

Snack : two large oranges and a banana

Rainbow salad contents: Napa cabbage, kale, peppers; red,yellow, green and orange, yellow sunburst tomatoes, zucchini, cucumber,red onions,green onions, chickpeas, celery, jicama. I make up about five in glass canning bottles w/o dressing for later in the week.

Trying to get more salads and veggies on the plate to eat first before starch. I still seem to eat until "full" instead of satisfied. However the salads and veggies first seem to stop seconds on the main starch.

Frank
Aliner

Postby eXtremE » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:43 pm

Good for you Aliner. Your meal sounds really good. I recently decreased my starches a little more and I am now eating a little more fruit and more and bigger vegetable salads. I am also back to water fasting one day a week now also.
eXtremE

Wednesday 04/22/2015

Postby eXtremE » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:51 pm

*no breakfast
*no lunch
*dinner = brown rice, boiled okra, pinto beans, kale greens, large vegetable salad, small amt. of baked chicken used as a meal condiment, boiled mushrooms, 1/4 raw onion cut up on beans and rice, 1 tablespoon of walnuts
* 2 quarts of bottled water.
* 1 alcoholic drink after meal
* Did one hour of resistance training today. Did two 20 min sessions of cardio on stationary bike.
eXtremE

Postby Gamehen1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:49 am

B: oatmeal, banana, blueberries, tangerine
L: carrot-ginger soup, roasted beet over greens, baked potato with ff hummus
D: large salad with 1/4 avocado and lemon, 1T sunflower kernels, ww pasta with sauce and mushrooms, orange
S: large baked sweet potato
Gamehen1

Postby eXtremE » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Sounds very appetizing Gamehen1. Do you put the banana, blueberries, and tangerine in your oatmeal?
eXtremE

Tuesday 04/28/2015

Postby eXtremE » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:21 pm

*no breakfast
*frozen orange slices for lunch
*dinner = brown rice, boiled okra, pinto beans, kale greens, large vegetable salad, small amt. of baked fish used as a meal condiment, boiled mushrooms, 1/4 raw onion cut up on beans and rice, 1 tablespoon of walnuts
* 1 quart of bottled water.
* 1 alcoholic drink after meal
* Did 1.5 hours of resistance training today. Did two 20 min sessions of cardio on stationary bike.
eXtremE

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals