30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: 30 day commitment to get over my hump day (14 days)

Postby Loveskale » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:23 pm

You are doing a great job Deb! Must have been hard to laugh at that woman "spaghetti ohs aren't that bad", maybe, but they aren't good either :)
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby ncyg46 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Loveskale wrote:You are doing a great job Deb! Must have been hard to laugh at that woman "spaghetti ohs aren't that bad", maybe, but they aren't good either :)

except those are gross! :D
ncyg46

Postby proverbs31woman » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Debbie,

You've been doing really well, and approaching the first day of school can be stressful.

I cried on my son's first day of kindergarten, and tomorrow is his first day of 2nd grade, and I feel like pro now, but I still know that I will miss him. Just know that she'll be returning home every day, and the summer will be extra special because you'll get to spend it with her. You and she will be fine.

I'm glad that she's looking forward to it. That should make you feel a lot better. Oh, and that cafeteria menu sounds just like the one at my son's school. Hideous!
proverbs31woman

Postby janluvs2heel » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:48 am

Let's call her your oldest!! Geesch.

2ndly, it is normal to feel anxious on that first day. I always had to work so I was used to taking you to daycare, so it wasn't so bad for me. I do remember your first day of kindergarton though, I hated that I had to rush off. I am going to have to dig out my pictures of you, you were so tiny standing outside the door.

This is how the world turns, kids are supposed to grow up, leave home, live their lives. Can't stop that, just live in the moment & enjoy every moment while it is here.

You are doing so well, I am so proud of you. Hang in there. Enjoy the middle girl's birthday, give her a big hug from me & enjoy tomorrow. It is a special day for her, put your nerves aside. Before you know it, she will be out of kindergarton & in high school. Now that's a scary thought, isn't it?

Jan
Last edited by janluvs2heel on Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
janluvs2heel

...getting the bus.....

Postby Marcia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:27 am

Hello Debbie,

I often read the journals here - congratulations on your continuing success.

Umm...regarding your daughter getting the bus - wake the napping children, leave them be grumpy, and take your daughter each way to her kindergarten/school. She is too young to be taking a bus on her own. My girls are 5 and 7 in a month and there is no way either of them would be on a bus alone, even if I were meeting them at the bus stop at either end. Please reconsider.

I hope you don't mind my posting in your journal, I rarely post at all.
Kind regards,
Marcia
Marcia

Postby sksamboots » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:40 am

Deb your doing great!!

as to Marcia's comment---I rode the bus when I was 5 and I know several children that still do this day. I think debbie has probably already considered all the options...like a mom would ;-)
sksamboots

...the bus.

Postby Marcia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Oh, Debbie,

The bus situation seems very well considered, safe and your decision sound and wise - as sksamboots suspected. Apologies. I wasn't being judgey, just concerned about safety.

It actually sounds like fun for your daughter.

Mmmmm......, your comment about control - now that is a kernel I can take away to consider for my own parenting!!....
Kind regards,
Marcia
Marcia

Postby proverbs31woman » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I am inspired by your willingness to stick to the plan. You are a great mother and wife from what I know! You inspire me in so many ways. Thanks!
proverbs31woman

Postby Love the Lorax » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:25 am

LOL - are you going to have three challenges going on at once? The 7-10 pounds in 7 weeks starts tomorrow, or are you going to see how the BC challenge works based on this new one starting tomorrow? I'm right there with you on this challenge, and nervous simply because EVERY SINGLE TIME I've gotten my weight back into the upper 130's I turn around and put it back on. Sigh... I'm quite tired of fluctuating there. Really. Want to see 135 so badly I can taste it, if nothing else to prove I can do it. I was always the skinny one before kids, this thing of having trouble losing weight is really frustrating.

Hey, we are sort of in the same boat - my kiddos are going to school for the first time this month! Yeah, I know.. big age difference, but it will be a change for all of us.

Glad your monthly visitor finally came so you can get on with life and know what's happening.
Love the Lorax

Postby sksamboots » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:45 am

Wow. your doing great :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Loveskale » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:09 pm

I am glad to hear you had a good day, it sounds like things are going well :)
My recipes are posted at: http://www.Flickr.com/Loveskale
Loveskale

Postby sksamboots » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:17 pm

I don't blame you. I don't like spiders either, I hear September is the month that the eggs hatch, o boy. Hope your day was good :nod:
sksamboots

Postby Love the Lorax » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:54 am

WOW. Powerful. :eek:

I am such a coward... I don't know if I can bring my self to watch it, even though I should. I'm the one who couldn't stand to watch Shindler's List because I'm so sensitive. Reading about these things gets to me in a big way. I read books to my kids and get all choked up. I read your post and want to run sobbing and throwing up, knowing that such things happen and I truly, honestly can't understand how humans can behave in such a way.

I feel like such a coward because my family eats SAD, and hands down, no way would my hubby watch this or does he have any intention of changing right now. Therefore, I end up buying stuff that I hate to buy. :crybaby:

You are so brave to stand up for this and put it in Facebook. Way to go!
Love the Lorax

Postby janluvs2heel » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:38 am

Debbie-that was a powerful review. I am going to go check Facebook, see how many friends that you have made. Ha,ha.

Love the Lorax-I dont blame you for not wanting to watch. I am not sure that I could either, but I may try. It is an individual's choice whether to eat meat or not, you can't make your husband/family not eat it. And I am sure there are those who could watch the movie & still eat meat anyway. The ones who say they wont watch the movie but are still eating meat, well, they are in denial. Sad, very sad.

Jan
janluvs2heel

Postby ncyg46 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:52 am

i shared it from two different sites! Thanks!
ncyg46

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals