Anna's Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Anna's Journal

Postby Birdy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 am

Hi Anna,
It sounds like you've reached a point where you're running on autopilot. It must be nice to be so comfortable with this way of eating and your exercise that it comes naturally pretty much.

I hope you have a good week!
"The program is essentially cost and risk free." ~ Dr. John McDougall
Birdy

Postby ShevaunB » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:03 am

McDougall autopilot is a good place to be, IMO :cool:
ShevaunB

Postby f1jim » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:19 pm

It's the only place to be. Go Anna!!!!
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Anna Green » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Birdy, Shevaun and Jim, thanks! I am doing well over all. Even my back slides are different. I don't stay there. I get right back to it and mostly I'm doing better than I have ever w/ food. Lost some weight and I see the rest coming off. Mostly though I'm excited about being healthy. I really have to lay off the alcohol though for that to happen. Haven't been a big drinker for most of my life but lately I've been drinking too much and I know it's not good. So this is where I'm at- laying off the sad and the bad.

Morn: veg soup, grapes, potato

Afternoon: veg soup, mango

Evening: veggies on ww pita- tomatoes, red onion, avocado (not a lot), frozen grapes and big bowl of veggie soup. Later more veggies on a slice of whole grain and seed bread.
Last edited by Anna Green on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anna Green

Postby Anna Green » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:39 am

Ok, here trying to post my food as often as I can.

Morn: oats, broc and peppers; raw veggies and oil-free hummus, banana.

Afternoon: hashbrowns and veggies and a red potato if I want it.

Eve: br rice, oats, caulifl, ww pita and tom, a little avocado.

Exercise: did abs at home instead of gym.
Anna Green

Postby Anna Green » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Doing a quick post. Since last here I've done well except a few wayward fries.yah. I actually could see the improvement this morn in the mirror which is nice and a few more lbs off the scale. I'm exhausted right now. Late hours at work, a lot of walking and standing in my boot. I have to be careful when this tired because it increases my desire for junk. So I have some good stuff prepped- beans, rice, veggies, sw potatoes, pot salad, raw veggies and ff hummus. Got in some good exercise too since last post.
Anna Green

Postby Birdy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:47 am

I'm glad you're doing well! Being able to see improvement in the mirror is the best. I just realized that I shouldn't complain about my foot when you're having to wear a boot. Good that you're still exercising too. Do you have any idea when you'll be able to dispense with the boot?

I hope you get R&R this weekend. :)
Birdy

Postby talkingmountain » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:34 am

Hi Anna, it's nice to see you doing so well!
Cured: severe reflux, chronic pain, pre-diabetes. More to come!
Join me at my McDougall journal, "Recommitting" http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29811
talkingmountain

Postby fulenn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope things are doing well and that your foot is doing better.

Fulenn
What if love really IS the answer?

Read my journal about tackling Multiple Sclerosis with a plant-based McDougall diet in the journal forum on this site, Fulenn's MS Page.

My blog: http://fulennskitchen.blogspot.com
fulenn

Postby ShevaunB » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:09 pm

Ditto to what fulenn said.
ShevaunB

Postby Anna Green » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:44 am

Hey y'all! I'm home and back at work. TM, I'm sorry I missed you. Caring for the parents left little room for socializing. I enjoyed being in your wonderful world though. I actually hiked some along a river with the kids (my one activity with them) even though I had planned not to because of the foot. I didn't realize we were going so far. I enjoyed it and was sore for 3 days. Well worth it.

I'll post more. I just wanted to check in.
Anna Green

Postby talkingmountain » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Welcome home! Sorry we didn't get to meet up, but I totally understand how busy a vacation with family can be. Maybe next year :)

Next time you're here, check out our beautiful new temporary home for the homeless. Darned local politicians have yanked all funding for it to pursue a personal vendetta against one of the board members and it makes me furious. Anyway there's a lot of regional public support for it so I think the facility will continue to thrive.
Cured: severe reflux, chronic pain, pre-diabetes. More to come!
Join me at my McDougall journal, "Recommitting" http://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29811
talkingmountain

Postby Birdy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:03 pm

Hey girl! Where'r you at? I've thought of you with news of the hurricane there in NO. Hope you're well.
Birdy

Postby Anna Green » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:57 am

Hey TM and Birdy. Sorry I've been MIA. We are all good after the storm. Some friends didn't fare so well but we were fine. I think there was a collective PTSD moment in the city and I look forward to no more storms the rest of the year.

I'll visit your journals and see what's up. I haven't been doing well and need to get back to it so here it is.

Morn: oats and broc - it was so good.

Aft: guac and chips (fried), choc muffin

Eve: veg curry, beans and rice, no oil or animal- lowfat chips (not legal)

Exercise: didn't happen
Anna Green

Postby Anna Green » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:33 am

One strength I've had that has served me well is my honesty. So I edited my meal "plan" for yesterday to be what I actually ate. Oh, and I should have added the 2 beers that went with the guac and chips.

This is the plan today. Keep reading, watching videos (Jessica Bowan is awesome, eh?) and eat the following:

Morn: beans, rice, salad

Aft: veg curry, beans rice salad, carrots, radishes

Eve: SAD, so sad

Exercise: 20 flights stairs- foot is getting better. I was up to 50 flights before the foot issue and would like to be there again. Not ready to run again yet but hoping to get there in the next couple of months.

You know this is the place I'm in. Part of me started to go ahhhh why am I still here...still struggling and not where I want to be healthwise and then I thought....I don't even care to do that anymore. I just want it to stop. So these are my tools...others along the path and their wisdom, my journal and even people around me that care about me. I told my mother I'd come see her and my sick father on Friday if she helped me stay clean (healthy food, no alcohol). Fridays are my hardest days. Terrible daughter huh? But whatever it takes until I don't need it anymore. She said ok. She doesn't want to see me go back to where I was a few years ago- when I lost almost a hundred lbs. And for the first time since I'm very worried I will. Maybe I'll start telling all my friends this...I'll see you but you have to help my ego strength. No bad food allowed.
Anna Green

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals